Tx-Tremor6.7

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor 6.7L Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black
Current Ride #2
2023 Corvette C8 Stingray R
All of the tracking information threads are related to using the VIN. I just placed my order, so I do not have a VIN.

Is there a way to track the order before getting the VIN? If not, how long does it normally take to get a VIN?

All of the tracking information threads are related to using the VIN. I just placed my order, so I do not have a VIN.

Is there a way to track the order before getting the VIN? If not, how long does it normally take to get a VIN?
no ... you need a VIN and they pick up orders on Thursday at 9 am Central time so i got mine on Friday after that Thursday o ordered mine on Friday the week before

no ... you need a VIN and they pick up orders on Thursday at 9 am Central time so i got mine on Friday after that Thursday o ordered mine on Friday the week before

ok, thanks! I will give my a dealer a week, then reach out to ask for my VIN.

I am waiting until Friday, 2/6/21 to call my sales guy. If Ford picks up orders on Thursday's at 9am central, then 2/5/21 would be 1 week since I placed my order. I really would like to get a VIN

I am waiting until Friday, 2/6/21 to call my sales guy. If Ford picks up orders on Thursday's at 9am central, then 2/5/21 would be 1 week since I placed my order. I really would like to get a VIN
It took me two weeks to get my VIN.

Don’t get too excited. Even with a VIN you may not have much more than an order date show in the trackers.

And it depends on dealer allocation as well. Just because you ordered that doesn’t mean the dealer has allocation at that time

And it depends on dealer allocation as well. Just because you ordered that doesn’t mean the dealer has allocation at that time
Allocation as in the dealer waits to have enough orders and then submits all of them at once? On 1/28/21 on my screenshot sent from my sales guy of the order preview (not the DORA) they put Stock with priority code of 80

Allocation as in the dealer waits to have enough orders and then submits all of them at once? On 1/28/21 on my screenshot sent from my sales guy of the order preview (not the DORA) they put Stock with priority code of 80

Allocation as in Ford will send the dealer any super duty at all. If a dealer hasn't been turning over their super duties very fast, Ford is less inclined for them to order another one compared to a dealer that turns super duties fast.

Ask your dealer what the actual Order Type and Priority Code is. I was sent a screenshot also of the order preview and it stated Stock and 80, but the actual order was Retail and 10.

Allocation as in Ford will send the dealer any super duty at all. If a dealer hasn't been turning over their super duties very fast, Ford is less inclined for them to order another one compared to a dealer that turns super duties fast.
Aghh got it. I had no idea. Makes sense. Thank you!

Ask your dealer what the actual Order Type and Priority Code is. I was sent a screenshot also of the order preview and it stated Stock and 80, but the actual order was Retail and 10.
Ok will do. That gives me more hope. Thank you!

It will be here before you know it.

It took me 9 weeks to get my VIN. Still waiting for a build date on a truck ordered 11/18/2020. The wait is agonizing.
I should have clarified, it took me two weeks and my dealer had plenty of S.D. allocations and he placed it as a priority of 10, which is the highest allowed for a retail order.

As other have said, all I saw on the tracking websites for 5 weeks was my order had been placed. At 5 weeks, it went into production and I finally got my window sticker at 6 weeks which was just before the holiday shutdown.

Allocation. Your dealer didn't have it when you placed the order.

EDIT: Looks like I'm beating the dead horse in the thread.
I really hope that's not the case. I asked my dealer before I ordered if they had allocation. They said they did. I asked three more times over the course of my long wait for a VIN. Each time the dealer swore there was allocation at the time I placed the order. If I found out they were lying to my face I would really be pissed. Maybe they had little incentive to be truthful. I was clear that if they did not have allocation I was ordering from another dealer that did...

I really hope that's not the case. I asked my dealer before I ordered if they had allocation. They said they did. I asked three more times over the course of my long wait for a VIN. Each time the dealer swore there was allocation at the time I placed the order. If I found out they were lying to my face I would really be pissed. Maybe they had little incentive to be truthful. I was clear that if they did not have allocation I was ordering from another dealer that did...
Well the good news is that if you now have a VIN, you also have a scheduled build week, and the wheels are moving.

It very well could be some part of your order had a commodity issue. I don't know how forthcoming Ford is about those and if that ends up on internet forums or not. Or if Ford even tells dealers their orders didn't get picked because of commodity issues.

Back