Anyone using "Bolt" hitch pin?

STDevil

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Super Duty
Hi all -

Wanted to know if anyone is using the "Bolt" hitch pin. I like that it can be used with the truck's key. What I was wondering was which model to use with the 3" receiver. I see a model 7023585 and a model 7023622 mentioned, and I can't figure out which one to use because there is conflicting information on the web (yes, that's strange!).

Thanks...

I have one. Had to get a longer pin to work with the 3 inch receiver. Call them. My guess is PART # 7023585

20210508_204353.jpg

Hi all -

Wanted to know if anyone is using the "Bolt" hitch pin. I like that it can be used with the truck's key. What I was wondering was which model to use with the 3" receiver. I see a model 7023585 and a model 7023622 mentioned, and I can't figure out which one to use because there is conflicting information on the web (yes, that's strange!).

Thanks...
7023585 is the one you want

Like others said I used 7023585 and it works. It worked with the pin it came with but it's tight to out on but it still gets on.

I ordered a 2nd one for my Bulletproof hitch and the pin was too short. I reached out to them and they sent me a longer pin for free.

Attachments

• PXL_20210503_200004587.jpg
    PXL_20210503_200004587.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 45
I got mine through Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQPPO6K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details - The good thing is that if you have a malfunction during the initial "key programing" process and it doesn't program correctly, Amazon is very no hassle for exchanges. You don't even need to original packaging to make a return.

My first one failed to program correctly and I could not get the key to work after it was locked on the pin the first time. Luckily I didn't put it through my hitch, otherwise I would not have been able to return to Amazon.
Never the less, I initiated a return on Amazon and made the return at my local Kohls store. Upon initiating the return Amazon immediately shipped a second one to me at no charge which arrived two days later. Once they had received the returned lock form Kohls in about 4 days, the transaction was considered closed.

Needless to say the second one programmed perfectly and is now being used on my hitch.
Moral of the story, no matter how you acquire your Bolt Lock, don't lock it on your hitch until you know it's working properly.

I got the Bolt Lock for my hitch because Ford included two Bolt Cable Locks with my factory in bed ramps. Unfortunately one of the cables that's locked onto one of my ramps also does not work. The dealership said they would get a new one for me under warranty, no problem.

I really like the system and will buy more as I find a need.

This is worth watching if you wonder if the Bolt hitch pin lock is worth the money compared to the competition. Even after breaking the lock the pin still functions to keep the trailer from being stolen.

Last edited:
I've owned several. My first one was in 17'. For my F350 with the 3" Receiver. Several followed, different trucks, more hitches that needed locking. Then one wouldn't unlock. Had to Break it off. Then another wouldn't open. I don't use them anymore.

Thanks everyone! One is on the way from amazon!
Like I said, Amazon's the easiest if their's issues programming. Got mine straightened out in just a couple days when the first didn't program correctly, no questions asked. Just don't lock it on anything until you know it's programmed and functioning correctly.

Now if you have a push button start, the best thing to do is get an extra key blank and get it ground to match your factory key. Keep it in the console tray for those times you need to unlock anything and don't want to fumble with getting the fob key out. It'll work on the spare tire, bolt lock and and any other programmable locks you get from Bolt. ?

I’ve used their products and liked them. I did not end up using the hitch pin from my ‘15 on my Tremor. It was short like others have mentiond and I didnt’ thiknow to reach out to them.
I had a blank key cut that I keep in the center console to use, so I didnt have to turn my truck off, so it not being keyed to this particular truck wasn’t really an issue.

So glad that I saw this thread. I just bought a GEN-Y hitch and was looking at locking pins. I had ordered some cheaper quality pins from Amazon but just canceled that order and ordered this pin.

B2D3481B-EDF4-4125-AEC4-0CEC527327DA.jpeg

Got my lock today. Super easy to program. Unfortunately, the pin was about 1/8" too short. I called Bolt and someone picked up after about 30 seconds on hold. After I explained my situation, they said they knew exactly what was going on and UPS'd me a new pin. They did not even ask for my purchase information! That was pretty top notch service and I hope they achieve much success!

Anyone know if the Bolt works with the slide in key of the keyless remote fob? It looks like a side cut key, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the site or in the photos of the "side cut key" options that it works with.

Anyone know if the Bolt works with the slide in key of the keyless remote fob? It looks like a side cut key, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the site or in the photos of the "side cut key" options that it works with.
Yes it is the side cut key that works with the keyless fob

The bolt cable locks are what come with the Ford bed mounted ramps. I have them and the fob key works in them. I also bought a Bolt Hitch pin lock for the Ford side cut key and it works great as well.

Also you can buy a replacement fob key at the local hardware or locksmith, have it ground to match your fob key and just keep it in the console so you don't have to remove the key from the fob for your accessory Bolt locks.

Back