Anyone using a Reese Goosebox on their 5th wheel w/ Tremor?

jdavenp3

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Soon to be F-350 Tremor Platinum
Just put in an order for our toy hauler the other day. I am really wanting to replace the pin box with the Reese Goosebox setup for simplicity and (allegedly) smoother ride quality.

Has anyone used a Goosebox on their Tremors? Any issues with bed clearance? I know I will have to be cautious about not knocking the cab but just wanted some real world experience if it is out there.

Thanks everyone.

1 draw back that i realized while looking at them is that the goosebox hangs down lower because is has to all the way to the bed floor of the truck.
I have to park my truck in my driveway underneath the pin box. I couldn’t get away with that with a goosebox.

1 draw back that i realized while looking at them is that the goosebox hangs down lower because is has to all the way to the bed floor of the truck.
I have to park my truck in my driveway underneath the pin box. I couldn’t get away with that with a goosebox.

I have looked at that as well. I know theres a few things that can help with the adjustment side on the actual pin box. I am also going to get the B&W OEM Gooseball for the bed. That particular ball adds about 3'' of height over a standard goose ball.

I could always go the Pullrite or Demco autosliding route but really want the bed to be cleared without having to pull out 250+ pounds when not in use.

I have looked at that as well. I know theres a few things that can help with the adjustment side on the actual pin box. I am also going to get the B&W OEM Gooseball for the bed. That particular ball adds about 3'' of height over a standard goose ball.

I could always go the Pullrite or Demco autosliding route but really want the bed to be cleared without having to pull out 250+ pounds when not in use.
I switched from the pullrite auto slide to an Anderson. I hated that pullrite.

What were the reasons for the switch? Overall ride quality?
The pullrite was super heavy and if you were not lined up directly straight on, you could not get hooked up and same for disconnecting. I was in several spots where I had to removed the head (2 pins not hard but still) in order to get detached from the trailer. Then after detaching, you knew it was gonna be a nightmare when it was time to leave and get reattached

The pullrite was super heavy and if you were not lined up directly straight on, you could not get hooked up and same for disconnecting. I was in several spots where I had to removed the head (2 pins not hard but still) in order to get detached from the trailer. Then after detaching, you knew it was gonna be a nightmare when it was time to leave and get reattached

I have heard that from a lot of reviews. I think that one is going to be marked off my list of potentials.

The few very short tows so far with my Anderson ultimate and I’m very pleased. It’s a breeze to hook up and unhook and I can get almost 90 degrees and it’s super easy to remove

Attachments

• 1FEEB913-50E5-4ED0-B6E9-B471A29E8D57.jpeg
    1FEEB913-50E5-4ED0-B6E9-B471A29E8D57.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 78
The few very short tows so far with my Anderson ultimate and I’m very pleased. It’s a breeze to hook up and unhook and I can get almost 90 degrees and it’s super easy to remove

Thanks for that picture. Looks like you have a ton of rail clearance as well. I may look a little harder at the Anderson after seeing that since it was one of the things I was worried about. We actually ordered a Momentum too, 351m.

I also have the coupler block facing backwards.
I’ve been thinking about flipping mine around, but done want to lose too much clearance turning. Have you had any issues turning with yours backwards? I have mine forward but took a bite out of my bed rail with my the back of my pin box turning off the highway down a steep driveway. To be fair it was taking a turn on uneven ground that I probably had no business taking.

I’ve been thinking about flipping mine around, but done want to lose too much clearance turning. Have you had any issues turning with yours backwards? I have mine forward but took a bite out of my bed rail with my the back of my pin box turning off the highway down a steep driveway. To be fair it was taking a turn on uneven ground that I probably had no business taking.
No issues at all. I have plenty of clearance both to the cab and to the bed rails when I’m really turned sharp.
I initially had it forward, but realized it would contact the bed if I was on uneven terrain.

Back