Anyone Seen This Issue when Hooking up Morimoto?

BCandia

Molly
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor
Driver side works great, but when I plug passenger side in I couldn't figure out why they weren't working. Come to find out they turn on when plugged in but are turning right off.

They turn on 1 2 3 4 from top then off right after 4 3 2 1

I tried that and no dice. Ended up removing the connector that ran off of the lights and put harness direct and it worked. Not sure what that little connection does but hope it’s not important.

I tried that and no dice. Ended up removing the connector that ran off of the lights and put harness direct and it worked. Not sure what that little connection does but hope it’s not important.
I did the exact same thing. All light issue were resolved once I bypassed the Morimoto harness with the capacitor, and installed directly using factory connectors. Supposedly, the capacitor is used to prevent flickering, but I've experienced zero issues in that regard thus far.

I did the exact same thing. All light issue were resolved once I bypassed the Morimoto harness with the capacitor, and installed directly using factory connectors. Supposedly, the capacitor is used to prevent flickering, but I've experienced zero issues in that regard thus far.
I reached out to moromoto and told them that’s what I did and he confirmed there should be no issues bypassing it.

3C49A98D-B8F8-416B-9DA6-01532C697BB5.jpeg
Now I just have to switch out these fog lights

I reached out to moromoto and told them that’s what I did and he confirmed there should be no issues bypassing it.
I wish they would add a disclaimer to the installation guide. This would have saved me a lot of time troubleshooting the issue, haha. Thanks for sharing the confirmation.

Man I am glad I just read this post. I could not get mine running on passenger side when going to high beam. Going back to garage and try this. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 20211017_121808.jpg
    20211017_121808.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20211017_124745.jpg
    20211017_124745.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 38
Glad you got that fixed. I like the blacked out look when the truck is off compared to the OEM white bars. Truck looks good!

I had my driver side top two crap out and needs to be replaced but morimoto wants the receipt to replace it and I can't find it. Anyone willing to let me use theirs?

Back