Anyone Running Fuel Slip Tanks? Pros/Cons?

Yukon Bush Tremor

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor
I was just curious if anyone is running fuel slip tanks in the bed.

I have never owned one nor know a ton about them, but often find myself pushing the limits of my fuel range and wanting more.

What are the Pros and Cons of having one other than the obvious.

Would love to see some pictures of any installations too!

Thanks,

Kevin

I was just curious if anyone is running fuel slip tanks in the bed.

I have never owned one nor know a ton about them, but often find myself pushing the limits of my fuel range and wanting more.

What are the Pros and Cons of having one other than the obvious.

Would love to see some pictures of any installations too!

Thanks,

Kevin
idk if that what you want but this is what i am looking into getting ....

I would be open to a larger aftermarket fuel tank but I dont think they have one for the 7.3 yet.

I was not referring to that though, more of the slip tank in the bed of the truck.

I would be open to a larger aftermarket fuel tank but I dont think they have one for the 7.3 yet.

I was not referring to that though, more of the slip tank in the bed of the truck.
yea you will probably have to do a slip tank but i don't the rules but someone else was talking about they can't make big gas tanks

That is interesting, I wonder why they dont say it works for gasoline trucks? The 7.3 is the motor that really needs the big fuel tank. Seems like its the same available space, maybe hard to get it DOT approved with gas?

That is interesting, I wonder why they dont say it works for gasoline trucks? The 7.3 is the motor that really needs the big fuel tank. Seems like its the same available space, maybe hard to get it DOT approved with gas?
i believe it is because gas is more flammable then diesel i can't find anything that directly say that is the reason but i messaged titan they said this

do you offer a bigger fuel tank for F250 Gas
Delivered
Erik 17:44
We do not unfortunately. The government/EPA regulations make it virtually impossible to do larger, replacement and auxiliary tanks for gasoline. They do allow transfer tanks which require you to stop and transfer fuel manually. We do have those and they include the transfer pump. Here is a link to that tank: https://titanfueltanks.com/products/sidekick-tank/titan-sidekick-15-gal-portable-liquid-tank-5040015

Thanks for checking on the gas availability. The transfer tank is a nice option too. I am planning a trip towing a camper out west in the next year or two and would like to have something for extra range.

6B19E06A-416B-4467-AB76-6A3EA4E53A43.png

I am picking up my truck in September, Ill be adding one of these

Would this actually show the correct Remaining Miles ones the computers learns/adjust? so it could say something 800miles on a tank. And would the correct MPG be reflected too?

Would this actually show the correct Remaining Miles ones the computers learns/adjust? so it could say something 800miles on a tank. And would the correct MPG be reflected too?
yes, you can use the tool they offer or you use forscan which has more features and always good to have, if you have ford vehicles and i seen a guy with 1074 miles to empty but if you can get 20mpg then thats 1200 miles

Has anyone actually use one before? I was hoping to hear from someone that currently has one.

Any of the frame mounted fuel tanks that are larger than stock will need to have a reprogramming done. What's required is ForScan, the dealership, or something of the like to adjust the fuel quantity in the BCM (if I recall).

For a diesel fuel "slip tank" I'd recommend as much filtering/water removal as you can afford before it feeds the main tank. I'd do the same on a gas fuel version tank as well.

I am also looking at a aux tank. With gas you can’t legally gravity feed your man tank like you can with a diesel. Gasoline needs to be pumped to the main tank. I ran across a few articles on line where people set something up where they could transfer on the fly using a pump in the transfer tank to a check valve and T on the fill neck. Didn’t save the posts since it is more involved than I would care to do right now.

A caution I am running across is findIng a tank that is labeled to handle gas, even though there is usually no difference between the gas and diesel tanks to be legal it has to be stickered for gas. Many of the tanks I have liked are labeled not for gas use. More than likely wouldn’t be a problem but personally don’t want to take a chance if traveling to a state that could have issue with transporting gas in a diesel labeled tank. I am really close to getting the 40 gallon Transfer Flo since it will fit under my tonneau cover. The Transfer Flo is definitely one of the more expensive options but one of the few low prow models I could find rated for gas.

Thanks 2020Tremor!!

That was useful info!

Now if anyone knows of one suitable for Gas Use Id love to see or hear.

I am also looking at a aux tank. With gas you can’t legally gravity feed your man tank like you can with a diesel. Gasoline needs to be pumped to the main tank. I ran across a few articles on line where people set something up where they could transfer on the fly using a pump in the transfer tank to a check valve and T on the fill neck. Didn’t save the posts since it is more involved than I would care to do right now.

A caution I am running across is findIng a tank that is labeled to handle gas, even though there is usually no difference between the gas and diesel tanks to be legal it has to be stickered for gas. Many of the tanks I have liked are labeled not for gas use. More than likely wouldn’t be a problem but personally don’t want to take a chance if traveling to a state that could have issue with transporting gas in a diesel labeled tank. I am really close to getting the 40 gallon Transfer Flo since it will fit under my tonneau cover. The Transfer Flo is definitely one of the more expensive options but one of the few low prow models I could find rated for gas.

I have been doing some research as well, it seems most of the transfer tanks that are DOT certified for gasoline are double walled and therefore much more expensive.

Back