Anyone installed rear sway bars yet?

Uncas

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F350 Lariat Sport Tremor 7.3L SCREW
I attempted to install the Hellwig Big Wig Sway bar today and it just doesn’t look right. Drivers side endlink is shown on the outside in the instructions but passenger side is not shown. Best alignment is to mount the passenger side on the inside but they both still look a little off. Any suggestions?
E54AF339-9916-4D1A-8368-5555687DC085.jpeg
36595922-0CA3-4FE4-A0B0-DFF7B1E2C716.jpeg

Truck guys educate me. I understand the purpose of a beefier rear anti-sway or sway bar on a car, but on a truck like the Tremor, what does it avail? Do you high speed corner often?

It looks off but if you followed manufacturers instructions then what's the issue?

Truck guys educate me. I understand the purpose of a beefier rear anti-sway or sway bar on a car, but on a truck like the Tremor, what does it avail? Do you high speed corner often?

It looks off but if you followed manufacturers instructions then what's the issue?
No high speed corners but when you drop a 3000lb truck camper in the bed with a high center of gravity it helps reduce roll.

No high speed corners but when you drop a 3000lb truck camper in the bed with a high center of gravity it helps reduce roll.

Interesting, makes sense.

From what I can tell, you installed it correctly, it does look odd but then again that's the way they designed it.
f250 sway bar.png

f250 sway bar2.png

The way you installed it looks different from the instructions I found on amazon. Could be older model also. In fact it is older, like 2012-2015.

Where did you purchase from? I am interested in one too.

Interesting, makes sense.

From what I can tell, you installed it correctly, it does look odd but then again that's the way they designed it.
View attachment 3089

View attachment 3088

The way you installed it looks different from the instructions I found on amazon. Could be older model also. In fact it is older, like 2012-2015.
I talked to Hellwig and I was pretty close, had to swap some washers but they said it doesn’t get completely plumb and square.

Not sure how critical it is, but it looks like the links are upside down in comparison to how they show them installed in the pictures above. ?‍♂️

Not sure how critical it is, but it looks like the links are upside down in comparison to how they show them installed in the pictures above. ?‍♂️
I thought that also but the new installation guide shows them install the other way. I think I am still going to swap them to reduce the risk of damage to the threads.

Back