Anyone have any info on build/shipping dates?

Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
I placed my order on 10/1 and the dealer guesstimated a December delivery. I checked in today and they had heard nothing about dates yet.

Ed

I ordered mine 9-20 and checked back with the dealer weekly. They haven’t heard Jacksh!t!

They are scheduled to start 2020 super duty manufacturing on 4 November. I was told to expect my Tremor around February when I ordered it on 9-4. Current lead times are projected to be 14-16 weeks. Maybe someone who has a VIN already assigned can chime in.

I received VIN confirmation October 2 thru my Ford Dealer Operations Leader. Status history table shows:
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Nov-08-2019) (sic)
Hoping on a 4-6 week build/delivery barring any supplier/new model issues.

Attachments

• 20191029_080828.jpg
    20191029_080828.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
BigBill, How do I get the VIN Confirmation (I assume as my salesman at the dealership to track it down?) and then where are you getting that information in your attached photo? Is there a retail order tracking website for Ford?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Thanks for the update @BigBill

Hopefully we'll start seeing some video reviews soon up on youtube.

BigBill, How do I get the VIN Confirmation (I assume as my salesman at the dealership to track it down?) and then where are you getting that information in your attached photo? Is there a retail order tracking website for Ford?

Thanks in advance!

Ed
Hi Rock Taxi, The Dealer appointed ordering person (usually Sales Manager and President/Owner/Operations Manager etc.) have access thru their propriety FORD dealer socket software to check their orders that have been put in previously. I am in the unique position of before retirement being an avid special interest vehicle purchaser, seeing the consumer side, and now doing contract work for FORD in IT here and seeing the dealer side. My wife also landed the Controller position at this FORD dealership. The owner is now also a personal friend.

Soooooo IF the dealer is keen to please you as a customer they can provide the VIN when the job is scheduled. Scheduling of course depends on color, options etc. all being readily available. I believe it would be good business for the dealer to continue to engage the customer to keep interest & excitement up. Plant the bug and say hey just e-mail the info when your not busy. Salesmen DO NOT have this access.

Here tho are the problems/reasons for resistance:
1) providing this information to the consumer with a date may be a negative for the dealer if the order is stalled (IDK is easier to accept than a stall in the build and wondering about if it was pulled aside for repair/inspection
2) previously when I ordered a Dodge Superbee (2005) the dealer refused to give me a VIN after asking 4 weeks in, I was pissed as they had $5K down already and cashed my check. I harped and said whats going on...... I paid MSRP sight unseen to get one of the first. When a friend phoned and said hey it's on the transport here at the dealer I booted it down. #@&)(*%&$@ dicks sold it to someone for $4K over MSRP and although it was optioned EXACTLY as mine they said sorry that wasn't yours (and of course with no VIN I couldn't dispute) we both knew BS. Got an immediate refund on deposit. Gonna make me wait for a later build. ?
3) dealers believe they have you hooked already and have a deposit so there is a much lower priority for your inquiries versus people walking in the door for a new purchase.

Sorry guys I can be verbose......... just want to hit all the points

Thank you for the thorough response! I really appreciate it!

Ed

Dealer contacted me today and said my truck order was on a “material hold”. He said that could mean many different things.

Just checked with the dealership, and they report that there is still no VIN assigned.

I just received an email from my dealer that my build date has been set for the week of 12/9, should have VIN shortly. He is saying I should see a late December/early January delivery date.
Ordered the truck on 10/2. F250 Platinum/Tremor package/7.3L engine in white.

I just received an email from my dealer that my build date has been set for the week of 12/9, should have VIN shortly. He is saying I should see a late December/early January delivery date.
Ordered the truck on 10/2. F250 Platinum/Tremor package/7.3L engine in white.

Welcome to the forum @DerekC - Congrats on the order!

I ordered a F250 Tremor Sport with a 7.3 in late August and still do not have a VIN or build date.

I ordered a F250 Tremor LariaSport with a 7.3 in late August and still do not have a VIN or build date.
Dealer contacted me today, my build date his 12/18. He said KY Truck is shut down for two weeks for the holidays so he expects the truck will arrive here in NJ I’m early January.

I noticed today the Ford web site indicates that a gas Crew Cab short bed will have a 48 gallon fuel tank while a diesel will have a 34 gal tank. The 2020 order guide indicates a gas short bed will have a 34 gal fuel tank just like a 2017-2019. Anyone know anything about which one is right?

Just heard from the dealer - I have a scheduled build date of 12/9!

Ed

10/1/19 for me.

Just checked in with the Op Leader where I ordered my truck. It was ordered in early September, VIN by end of September (verbal call, e-mail posted on another thread for my files was dated Oct.2). Presently in production! Still looking at early December timing........ CRAP part is we just started a damn rail strike here in Canada :cautious:. Hoping for a Washington rail delivery and a truck transport possibility to the Island.
2020 SD TR status.png

Back