anyone have a 21 with working DPF gauge? - 2021 Forscan questions

Adventure

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 Lariat Tremor
Hi team. I'm a Forscan newbie in that I did one big session once and now have some questions.

First, I did the code to show the DPF filter % in the maintenance menu. I'm nearly certain it showed a percentage, like 76% or something the first time I looked at it. But now it has said 0% for 1500 or more miles. DEF gauge has gone down in that time so I'm sure it's doing it's regens just not showing properly on the new gauge.

Next, I did the bambi code so the fogs can be on with high beams. I'm wondering if it's possible to have them come on automatically when the lights come on, so you don't have to push the fog light button every time.

Last one, and maybe I just need to look through the spreadsheet better, but I thought I was turned off as many warning sounds as I could find in there and the damn thing still chimes like crazy at startup, when the doors open and truck is running, seatbelts, etc. Any advice here to get the thing to shut up?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Mine is a '21 with the DPF % enabled, but I don't know if I can help. It's seemingly worked since I've turned it on. One oddity is that I've only ever seen mine display in 5% intervals. If yours said 76% that would be different than what I've seen.

Last one, and maybe I just need to look through the spreadsheet better, but I thought I was turned off as many warning sounds as I could find in there and the damn thing still chimes like crazy at startup, when the doors open and truck is running, seatbelts, etc. Any advice here to get the thing to shut up?
I haven't done forescan yet, but my '21 Lariat w/ quad beams does this already. If I had the fogs on during a previous trip, they turn back on automatically next time the headlights turn on.

Hi team. I'm a Forscan newbie in that I did one big session once and now have some questions.

First, I did the code to show the DPF filter % in the maintenance menu. I'm nearly certain it showed a percentage, like 76% or something the first time I looked at it. But now it has said 0% for 1500 or more miles. DEF gauge has gone down in that time so I'm sure it's doing it's regens just not showing properly on the new gauge.

Next, I did the bambi code so the fogs can be on with high beams. I'm wondering if it's possible to have them come on automatically when the lights come on, so you don't have to push the fog light button every time.

Thank you!
I haven't had this issue with the DPF% showing 0. Mine increments every 5% and regens so far when it hit 100%.

With bambi there is also an object that remembers if it is on or off. I can't remember if that was in the plain english or the as built files, but yes it can be done. I only enabled them to be on with high beams but to not remember my previous setting.

For the Chimes, those can all be disabled in the plain english files, I think it was IPC? I would have to look again. I disabled, seatbelts, door ajar, and start up chimes along with the damn double honk.

Latest Discussions

Back