Anyone else use their Tremor as strictly a pleasure vehicle?

CountryTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Retired U.S. Army
Current Ride
F250 7.3L Lariat Sport / Ultimate / Tremor Package - Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Explorer XLT Ruby Red
Those of you that live in the snow & salt belts - anyone else park their Tremor for the winter? I purchased this beast on October 29th and have a whopping 139 miles on it. We bought it for a pleasure vehicle to pull our 35' Winnebago. We live in UPSTATE NY - we have other 4x4's as commuting vehicles but, I'm looking forward to April when the snow melts to put some miles on this beast! (especially after I saw the video of IRON MAN cruising in his new Platty!). Love this forum! Love my TREMOR!!! ??????

1611431959302.png

Well, if you consider 'ordered' as 'bought' then, yes, it will be for 'pleasure', but who buys one for work? Ours will be used 90% for towing our Outdoors RV trailer and, hopefully, 10% for off-roading so 100% pleasure as far as I'm concerned, not that towing is always a pleasure, right? ;)

I am in the area of SE Wisconsin with lots of salt and other corrosive material on the roads, Thanks local town plow guy!!!!!!! So I try and Park my Tremor all winter, If I need to use it wait until the roads are completely dry. I have others to drive in winter. All my towing and trailers are mostly spring/ summer so it can sit and stay nice. I did the same thing with my last 1 ton truck and when I traded it in on the Tremor I got top bucks for it.

Yes......its a pleasure having the most bad ass vehicle in my parking lot at work every day and watching the GI's druel over it......eventually it will tow my travel trailer which is in the near future......;)

Nope, my pleasure vehicle is 2010 370Z Roadster with only 7K miles on it. The Z is only a Sunday driver in the Summer. My Tremor will be a year round weekend work truck, unless it snows during the week, then it will plow no matter the day. It will be a low mileage vehicle <10K per year, but it won't sit. Nice color, by the way!

Well, if you consider 'ordered' as 'bought' then, yes, it will be for 'pleasure', but who buys one for work? Ours will be used 90% for towing our Outdoors RV trailer and, hopefully, 10% for off-roading so 100% pleasure as far as I'm concerned, not that towing is always a pleasure, right? ;)
You are right about the Tremor being a pleasure to drive. I used the term that my insurance company used for a vehicle that is not driven daily for work or other business related duties.

Those of you that live in the snow & salt belts - anyone else park their Tremor for the winter? I purchased this beast on October 29th and have a whopping 139 miles on it. We bought it for a pleasure vehicle to pull our 35' Winnebago. We live in UPSTATE NY - we have other 4x4's as commuting vehicles but, I'm looking forward to April when the snow melts to put some miles on this beast! (especially after I saw the video of IRON MAN cruising in his new Platty!). Love this forum! Love my TREMOR!!! ??????

View attachment 14959
Great color

Guilty.... Not coming out till spring...
I guess I will suffer with the F150 till then....?

Attachments

• 0CEC4CBC-D7DB-408F-9F7A-53CD4EAF7E1D.jpeg
    0CEC4CBC-D7DB-408F-9F7A-53CD4EAF7E1D.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 9E432D07-2AF3-421B-BCA6-BBCD9622A4FE.jpeg
    9E432D07-2AF3-421B-BCA6-BBCD9622A4FE.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 83
I'm in CT and mine is mostly pleasure. I've had it since early December and it barely has 1300 miles on it. It worked a bit today pulling one of my Wife's horse trailers, but I won't take it out on the salty roads, and since my development lab is on my property at home, it gets to sit until I need to go somewhere....no commuting.

MB

That truck looks awesome. You need to go on a road trip. Why would you park it? It is aluminum on the parts that would normally rust.
Thanks - I love the Rapid Red. I will be retiring from my second career in a couple of years and I plan on having this truck for 10+ years (I’ve never owned a vehicle more than 5 years before). The roads in upstate are like driving on a big SALT BLOCK. They road crews drive around 24/07 throwing salt even when the roads don’t need it! The Tremor body may not rust but I want to take care of the undercarriage. We are moving to Florida in April of 2023. NO SALT THERE! You are also right - I NEED A ROAD TRIP SOON! APRIL!

yea its my pleasure truck but i already hae 10k miles on it and my f150 is my daily but i swap out driving them because of weather and if i have to work at night .... tremor has better headlights then my f150 and if they put salt on the road i will drive the tremor over the f150 becuase of it being ALUMI duty over all steel ... like my f150

yea its my pleasure truck but i already hae 10k miles on it and my f150 is my daily but i swap out driving them because of weather and if i have to work at night .... tremor has better headlights then my f150 and if they put salt on the road i will drive the tremor over the f150 becuase of it being ALUMI duty over all steel ... like my f150
Headlights are even better with Bambi Mode enabled. I'm adding the BD XL80s on pillar mounts and anxious to see how things look at night.

MB

Headlights are even better with Bambi Mode enabled. I'm adding the BD XL80s on pillar mounts and anxious to see how things look at night.

MB
yea bambi is nice but i have led pods for my fog lights but i do have bambi on and some other led lights and a light bar but the headlights are so amazing compared to my projector aftermarket housing i have on the f150

yea bambi is nice but i have led pods for my fog lights but i do have bambi on and some other led lights and a light bar but the headlights are so amazing compared to my projector aftermarket housing i have on the f150
What pod lights did you get? I was looking at that space yesterday thinking about what pod lights would work....

MB

View attachment 14959
Where in upstate are you? I’m in Saratoga springs

Near Utica. I have not seen any other Tremors during my 120 mile daily commute. You?

Been to Lake George many times on the boat ride.

What pod lights did you get? I was looking at that space yesterday thinking about what pod lights would work....

MB
I have rigid and fuklightbar pods and they are both really good but rigid comes with a wiring harness and the fuklightbar don't .. you have to build your own and I am fine with that .. but wired the fuklightbar to my fog lights wiring so they come on by that switch and the rigid are to one of the upfitter switch

Back