Anyone else missing paint under the hood?

7.3Tremor

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor Lariat Ultimate Sport Silver Spruce
First Responder
Houston Fire
Noticed under the hood is painted black instead of the body color?

Noticed under the hood is painted black instead of the body color?
That’s weird should be the color of your truck mine is
2923BF90-6FA3-4118-A70F-FD6626738F13.jpeg

Mine is flat black

My Tremor is black and I haven’t noticed if the paint under the hood is a different shade of black or not....
My question is,what happened to the under hood insulation? My 2017 F250 Powerstroke had the factory under hood insulation and I really liked it... didn’t bake the paint.

IMG_4756.jpeg

Could the black under hood and the body color be built at different plants?
i know it’s an odd question but it’s an odd situation

Those must be the ones that got painted on a Monday I would make Ford paint that that’s usually the way the aftermarket hoods come then you pay them
does look kinda unfinished but what do you expect for $85K these days.

these hoods aren't steel either. Guess ford decided paint wasn't necessary anymore. My hood flexes like an sob at highway speed but that has become more of the norm now. I wouldn't worry about the heat like a traditional hood since going to composites doesnt transfer heat the same.

~ $90k doesn’t buy what it used to.... ? downright ridonkulous

Mine is blue jeans and is black under the hood for whatever reason. Mine also came with the optional dirt in the paint all over. Poor quality control with painting. The body shop manager at my dealer ship, said that paint and body alignment issues across Ford's models have been the worse he has seen in years and the covid shut down does not seem to have helped. New Explorers are the worst, he says. Super Duty and F150 are normally good and if he sees a problems it is usually a body panel alignment or primer showing through the paint. Any advice I can give, is make sure you really check your truck out when you pick it up. On a good note they managed to buff most of the dirt out of my paint. I still need to have the rear bumper and one fender flare painted because of paint issues. My dealer has been great to deal with.

My Iconic Silver is flat white under the hood

My truck is iconic silver and its white under the hood, but swapping it out for a Black Ops style hood later on so it don't matter

My truck is iconic silver and its white under the hood, but swapping it out for a Black Ops style hood later on so it don't matter
I’d like to see that style hood. I ordered a 2021 F350 6.7 Platinum, I have a build date of 11/30. I’m now really starting to pay attention to mods. There were so many things you sick f—ks did to your trucks that I want to do, and now I can’t find the posts. So please post all your cool stuff you do to your beast. Thanks my man. ?????✌️???????

I think the udnerside only gets the primer color so White is white, Black is black, and most of the darker colors will use black and lighter ones might have thier own base color.

Latest Discussions

Back