Anyone else get a Mastercard Loyalty Card in the mail from Ford?

Parksoffroad

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350
Got a prepaid mastercard in the mail for $250 today out of the blue from Ford. No idea why, I have not had any problems with my truck? It went back in once after I got it for them to install the front wheel liners but thats it, two oil changes since. Anyone else get one of these?

IMG_1447.JPG

Card works, my XM renewal was Sunday and I used the card to pay for another year. After that maybe a tank and a half of gas?

On a side note, dont pay more than $5 a month for XM radio. I have had it since there were two companies (Sirius and XM) and have always paid the $5 per month rate. $60 a year plus royalty and such comes out to like $71 a year. Way better than the $20 a month they want for full price.

People are getting them on the GT350 and GT500 forums, as well. The belief is they come to people who have had issues with their new vehicles and had to take them in for repeated service work. I have only had mine in for an oil change, so I doubt I will get one... :mad:

Card works, my XM renewal was Sunday and I used the card to pay for another year. After that maybe a tank and a half of gas?

On a side note, dont pay more than $5 a month for XM radio. I have had it since there were two companies (Sirius and XM) and have always paid the $5 per month rate. $60 a year plus royalty and such comes out to like $71 a year. Way better than the $20 a month they want for full price.
I just paid for XM at $5 a month for 12 months on my 2021. How are you getting yours renewed for the same price?

People are getting them on the GT350 and GT500 forums, as well. The belief is they come to people who have had issues with their new vehicles and had to take them in for repeated service work. I have only had mine in for an oil change, so I doubt I will get one... :mad:
I have never been in for any problems, so go figure.

I just paid for XM at $5 a month for 12 months on my 2021. How are you getting yours renewed for the same price?
Pretty much when it comes time to renew I call them a few days before the renewal and say that I want to renew at the same price ($60 per year). For a few years they would say, oh, sorry, that promo is not available now to which I would say one of two things. They seem to send me the promo emails all the time, the ones that say $5 a month for a year, so if I get one of those within a month or so I ask them why they just sent me an email with that price, that many time works. The other option is to play hardball and tell them to just cancel the account. Only once since 2005 when I started with them have they actually canceled it. At that point many times they will suddenly find that promo again, or they pass you to retention that finds that program. If you are firm, you will get the price.

I stared with Sirius and XM back in 2005 for a magazine article review, I was feature editor for an off-road magazine back then and also had a webpage of my own. Here is that review.

I kept the XM head unit, it was in free demo mode for quite a few years, until well after the merge of the two companies. I guess at some point they went back and closed out old radios that were under PR Demo and it stopped working. When it finally did shut off I turned it on under the activate a old radio for $5 a month and have been on that plan ever since. I get the same price for my wifes Subaru, the old head unit I use at my work in the warehouse every day and now the truck as well. If you have one full price account you can add additional radios for a discounted price, but its cheaper to do it this way still. It means 3 calls a year to XM, but Im good with it. Hey, it used to be only 6 months at a time so this is way better!

That old XM head unit still works today, although its not as pretty now.

Nothing yet here, and I have had a trans and rear bumper replaced under warranty. Of course my wife throws away anything that looks like junk mail instantly so it could have been here and gone...

What goes wrong with a rear bumper that Ford replaces it under warranty? Just curious.

Finally ran into the guy at the guy with the gray F-250 that I had posted about with the "Gray Ghost FX4" rear fender sticker. He said he also got the same $250 gift card and has had no issues with his truck.

Yes, I did. They said it was from a warranty repair on my 450. It had several recall repairs and one intermittent no start. That turned out to be a corroded starter relay in the fuse block. The card was definitely unexpected, I'll take $250 ever time they wanna give it to me.

Dang, I might have thrower mine away... thinking it was offer to get a card though Ford.

Latest Discussions

Back