Anyone else get a Mastercard Loyalty Card in the mail from Ford?

Dang, I might have thrower mine away... thinking it was offer to get a card though Ford.
Exactly. I said I received a card. What I didn't say is, I don't have a clue where I put it. There's a number you have to call to get the card authorized. Otherwise it would have gone straight to my wallet. I know it's not lost .. I just don't know where it is ..

Pretty much when it comes time to renew I call them a few days before the renewal and say that I want to renew at the same price ($60 per year). For a few years they would say, oh, sorry, that promo is not available now to which I would say one of two things. They seem to send me the promo emails all the time, the ones that say $5 a month for a year, so if I get one of those within a month or so I ask them why they just sent me an email with that price, that many time works. The other option is to play hardball and tell them to just cancel the account. Only once since 2005 when I started with them have they actually canceled it. At that point many times they will suddenly find that promo again, or they pass you to retention that finds that program. If you are firm, you will get the price.

I stared with Sirius and XM back in 2005 for a magazine article review, I was feature editor for an off-road magazine back then and also had a webpage of my own. Here is that review.

Yeah this. I have never paid the full rate for XM in about 10 years. I've been on the promo plan the entire time. Usually just tell them you are not paying full price so to either cancel or give you the current promo. Once in a while you'll get some warrior of an employee who thinks its his job to extract full price out of you and won't budge. Just hang up, call again and get a different rep.

Back