Carpet Delete Missionary
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Tremor 7.3L
Current Ride #2
1980 Mazda RX-7
Hey folks, trying to order a 2022 Tremor right now, and it seems quite possible my dealership won't be able to do X-Plan pricing. My salesman is working with dealership management on it still, but the process is taking days to figure out allocation.

Is not being able to get X-Plan a normal thing with the market right now? Or should I be considering another dealer?

I'm trying to buy through this dealer as I've been taking my current truck there for servicing for the last 6 years and really like their service department, but the X-Plan discount over MSRP is significant, so that's non-negotiable for me.

I should note that my order was done a month ago. Things were in demand a month ago, but there seems to be a larger shortage of inventory and materials now, a month later. Maybe these dealers are really starting to tighten things up.

My dealer gave me xplan pricing. But was unable to give me the exact price. But around price should be within 100 or so dollars to invoice and I got a written confirmation to make sure that there will be no hiccups when trucks arrive.

Not a 2022 but a sign of the times. My dealer did X-Plan on my Tremor order in December. I didn't worry then about a distinction between an Special Order and Dealer Stock then because I had to order to get what I wanted anyway. My kid just ordered a car from them. They had what she wanted in stock but would not do X-Plan on it. They're only doing X-Plan on Special Orders due to demand for in stock Super Duties and Bronco Sports. They're getting MSRP plus extras on the Dealer Stock vehicles. Another dealer that's marking up their Dealer Stock told me the same thing.

I was told it has to do with how Special Orders are allocated (they come out of a separate allocation) but I have not been able to verify this statement as fact and it doesn't sound quite right. Proving or disproving this last part might help clarify things.

Thanks for the context, y'all! I guess I'll be calling around to other dealerships and seeing if they want to honor X-Plan. At a minimum finding another dealership that will would give me leverage with my desired dealership.

@VB! I'm looking to special order (if I'm buying new I'm getting exactly what I want), so it's good to know I'm taking the path that's more likely to allow X-Plan.

I see you live in Washington. I live in Kirkland (we seem to be holding the Oly and Seattle scum off for now...). Anyway, go see Brian C. at Korum or Steve C. at Ford of Kirkland. They are both solid and they will take care of you. Both gave me great service, and I ended up buying from Steve mainly for convenience and because I got a few bucks better than X plan.

Bickford's lot is littered with Tremors. I has a nice conversation with the sales guy there and he said they'd do an X plan order only if I ordered a truck. Fair enough. But the reception with Brian and Steve was cooler (in a good way)...

Hey folks, trying to order a 2022 Tremor right now, and it seems quite possible my dealership won't be able to do X-Plan pricing. My salesman is working with dealership management on it still, but the process is taking days to figure out allocation.

Is not being able to get X-Plan a normal thing with the market right now? Or should I be considering another dealer?

I'm trying to buy through this dealer as I've been taking my current truck there for servicing for the last 6 years and really like their service department, but the X-Plan discount over MSRP is significant, so that's non-negotiable for me.
Evergreen in Issaquah offered x-plan on an order- that was in Feb.- Not sure if things have changed-
I ended up buying an in stock at Titus in Port Orchard for Xplan...

I had to search up and down CA to get a dealer to honor x-plan due to current demand. Many even tried to mark up the Tremor because it was "special".
I'm in Manteca and wanting to order a 22 using an Xplan soon. I've talked to a few dealers, get mixed answers from all. Would you mind sharing what dealer you dealt with? TIA

I'm in Manteca and wanting to order a 22 using an Xplan soon. I've talked to a few dealers, get mixed answers from all. Would you mind sharing what dealer you dealt with? TIA
Hit up Future Ford in Clovis Ca (basically Fresno) they did my 21 order X Plan no questions asked. They also pretty much mentioned they just about always accept x plan. Lithia in Fresno also said they would but I had some other issues with them and had a great experience with Future. I worked with Oscar the sales manager and right when I walked in the door they said X Plan was no problem. Jose was my sales man (I was his first ever order) and Ray also another sales man worked with me when I picked up my truck and was great to deal with.

I don’t know how much x plan discounts msrp but it’s my understanding if you use x plan you are locked into the price. You should at least be able to negotiate 6 percent off sticker.

Hit up Future Ford in Clovis Ca (basically Fresno) they did my 21 order X Plan no questions asked. They also pretty much mentioned they just about always accept x plan. Lithia in Fresno also said they would but I had some other issues with them and had a great experience with Future. I worked with Oscar the sales manager and right when I walked in the door they said X Plan was no problem. Jose was my sales man (I was his first ever order) and Ray also another sales man worked with me when I picked up my truck and was great to deal with.
Thanks! Only a couple hours from me so I may hit them up.

Darn, I called both and neither would honor x-plan when I asked over the phone.

I don’t know how much x plan discounts msrp but it’s my understanding if you use x plan you are locked into the price. You should at least be able to negotiate 6 percent off sticker.
X-Plan is a slight discount off of dealer invoice. It’s not based on MSRP. I’m a big fan of the lack of negotiating with it.

Evergreen in Issaquah offered x-plan on an order- that was in Feb.- Not sure if things have changed-
I ended up buying an in stock at Titus in Port Orchard for Xplan...
It’s actually Evergreen that I’m talking to right now. Sounds like the market has really shifted in the last couple of months. :(

I see you live in Washington. I live in Kirkland (we seem to be holding the Oly and Seattle scum off for now...). Anyway, go see Brian C. at Korum or Steve C. at Ford of Kirkland. They are both solid and they will take care of you. Both gave me great service, and I ended up buying from Steve mainly for convenience and because I got a few bucks better than X plan.

Bickford's lot is littered with Tremors. I has a nice conversation with the sales guy there and he said they'd do an X plan order only if I ordered a truck. Fair enough. But the reception with Brian and Steve was cooler (in a good way)...
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll definitely give them a call and see what they can do for me. Hoping they have more flexibility with X-Plan.

Back