Any try the toyo at3 tire yet?

Akwagon

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Velocity Blue Tremor 7.3l
Looking to replace the duratrac with something a little more highway friendly......
anyone put these new toyo at3 on their tremor yet?

Not the Toyo AT3, but the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. I had them on my 17' F350. I carried a 4000 lb Lance Camper on that truck, handled great. I traded it in at 35,000 miles. I'd say they easily had another 10,000+ miles to go, and I rarely took the camper off. I've chosen them again for my Tremor.
IMG_0531.JPG

Yea. I’ve had 35/12.50R20s on my truck for 45K miles. Love them. Just as good if not better than the AT2’s. Still have about 40% tread left and I’m loaded heavy (21K) with a gooseneck most days.
How’s the noise on them? Compared to duratrac or other at tires????
That’s my only concern is a lot of reviews mention a lot of highway noise.
I looked into the grappler g2. But the snow traction didn’t seem up there vs other options.

I had a set of Toyo AT3 - 295 65 20’s on my 19 lariat. They were excellent in all weather conditions, but did get a slight hum after about 10,000 miles. I am pretty sensitive to the road noise fear, and to me it was nothing that I could not deal with. The performance of the tire definitely outweighed the tiny bit of noise ....I would have ordered them for my tremor, but the 35 inch version measures a little short....

Well went to order the toyo at3 today. Discount tire and tire rack on back order until June ish for tremor size.

decided to go with the Yokohama g015 a/t as I need tires next week before my 5k mile road trip

Well went to order the toyo at3 today. Discount tire and tire rack on back order until June ish for tremor size.

decided to go with the Yokohama g015 a/t as I need tires next week before my 5k mile road trip

Cooper AT3 XLT tires would be another good option for mild off-road / highway / towing. Let us know what you think of those Yokohama tires compared to the Duratracs.

Cooper AT3 XLT tires would be another good option for mild off-road / highway / towing. Let us know what you think of those Yokohama tires compared to the Duratracs.
Will do. I know the g015 just don’t have the off road “look”

I have the Cooper xlt on my current Titan (trading for the tremor next week)

the coopers are very nice, quiet, great dirt and street traction. Except for snow and ice where they aren’t that great. I had toyo at2 before the coopers and the at2 snow/ice traction was a bit better.

I wanted to try something with a bit better snow performance then the Cooper xlt.

living in Alaska where 5/6 months outa the year is on the white stuff this becomes important factor.

Thats exactly why I ended up with the G2's again. Everything I wanted wasn't available. I really wanted Ridge Grapplers because of the great reviews from everyone here. The G2's arn't a disappointment, just not my first choice. Good luck with the G015's, they look like a great tire.

Will do. I know the g015 just don’t have the off road “look”

I have the Cooper xlt on my current Titan (trading for the tremor next week)

the coopers are very nice, quiet, great dirt and street traction. Except for snow and ice where they aren’t that great. I had toyo at2 before the coopers and the at2 snow/ice traction was a bit better.

I wanted to try something with a bit better snow performance then the Cooper xlt.

living in Alaska where 5/6 months outa the year is on the white stuff this becomes important factor.
Look at Falken Wildpeak AT3w or the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. They are both 3 snowflake rated. The MT's are new and couldn't comment on those for performance (other than I bought them) but the Wildpeaks have received many outstanding reviews from all who have used them (no personal experience here). I ended up with the MT's due to slightly larger OD and really aggressive sidewall biters (good off road when aired down) and slightly better aggressive tread. The MT's do give up a little on tow rating however.

Either would be excellent in AK road conditions (spent my share of time in North Pole/Fairbanks)

Last edited:
Look at Falken Wildpeak AT3w or the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. They are both 3 snowflake rated. The MT's are new and couldn't comment on those for performance (other than I bought them) but the Wildpeaks have received many outstanding reviews from all who have used them (no personal experience here). I ended up with the MT's due to slightly larger OD and really aggressive sidewall biters (good off road when aired down) and slightly better aggressive tread. The MT's do give up a little on tow rating however.

Either would be excellent in AK road conditions (spent my share of time in North Pole/Fairbanks)
My midnight edition Silverado came with duratracs went to falken wild peak at3 and loved them.

I run the Toyo AT3 XLT on my 4runner in a 285/75r17 C load range. They have great road manners, low noise, soft ride, and still perform off road in sand and gravel (better when aired down, of course).

I was running the Cooper AT3 XLT in a 295/70r18 E load range (34") on the 2020 Tundra I just sold, and I was really enjoying those tires as well - although I didn't tow frequently and 95% pavement. These tires felt very connected, had a nice ride and no discernable road noise. I did tow around 10k lbs for several hundred miles and they maintained their positive characteristics during this time.

Considering that the Coopers come in a 35x12.5x18 F2 load range, with a load rating of 3968lbs @ 80PSI, I'm pretty sure this is the tire I'm going to go with when my Tremor arrives.

I haven't tried them on my Tremor, but I run them on my 4runner. I run them in a C load range as it smooths out the otherwise rigid ride of my lifted, weighted, trail pig. So far they are great on and off the road. The towing I do with the 4runner is just a little overland trailer that weights about 1500lbs fully loaded, so I can't really speak to the heavy load aspect.

I'm considering either this tire or the Cooper AT3 XLT in a 35x12.5x18 for the Tremor when it arrives.

Ran the Coopers on my Tundra and absolutely no complaints on the pavement or off either. Both are great-looking tires. They also both have an F load range in a true 35" tire that matches the load rating of the OEM Duratracs.

DSC_0166 (2021-06-22T00_51_05.891).jpg
20210516_114627.jpg
20210410_161230.jpg
20210215_174300 (1).jpg

I haven't tried them on my Tremor, but I run them on my 4runner. I run them in a C load range as it smooths out the otherwise rigid ride of my lifted, weighted, trail pig. So far they are great on and off the road. The towing I do with the 4runner is just a little overland trailer that weights about 1500lbs fully loaded, so I can't really speak to the heavy load aspect.

I'm considering either this tire or the Cooper AT3 XLT in a 35x12.5x18 for the Tremor when it arrives.

Ran the Coopers on my Tundra and absolutely no complaints on the pavement or off either. Both are great-looking tires. They also both have an F load range in a true 35" tire that matches the load rating of the OEM Duratracs.

View attachment 29112View attachment 29113View attachment 29114View attachment 29115
I'm a Taco guy in a Fords world also!

Not the Toyo AT3, but the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. I had them on my 17' F350. I carried a 4000 lb Lance Camper on that truck, handled great. I traded it in at 35,000 miles. I'd say they easily had another 10,000+ miles to go, and I rarely took the camper off. I've chosen them again for my Tremor.View attachment 22068
AGREE ...had toyo on my Raptor...they were OK went with terra grappler G2 much better and just put them on my TREMOR in 37 and love them !!!!

Latest Discussions

Back