Any problems with your panoramic sunroofs?

BigBlockFord

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I have seen a number of issues with the panoramic sunroofs on the f150... Have any of you experienced this on your tremors? I am hoping with an hd truck with a stronger frame their may be less body flex therefore causing less issues with the panoramic sunroofs.

I have one on our Explorer, had one on my Raptor, and now have one on the Tremor. I've never had an issue with any of them, and I love leaving the shade open and letting the light shine in.

I didn't order one because of the issues, they are know to rattle, they leak and ford doesn't know how to fix it. They also can get kinda stuck. My old explorer had one and it literally flooded the interior, there was like 3 inches of standing water. Absolute junk

I have seen a number of issues with the panoramic sunroofs on the f150... Have any of you experienced this on your tremors? I am hoping with an hd truck with a stronger frame their may be less body flex therefore causing less issues with the panoramic sunroofs.
Same here, my ‘19 raptor had it after 1 year. Not terrible problems. Just a lot of lubricant needed to avoid the noises and some rattling fixes. Almost every Ford panoramic roofs have it after a while. But I absolutely love the option!

Anyway, let’s wait for the folks saying “that’s what she said”.

Same here, my ‘19 raptor had it after 1 year. Not terrible problems. Just a lot of lubricant needed to avoid the noises and some rattling fixes. Almost every Ford panoramic roofs have it after a while. But I absolutely love the option!

Anyway, let’s wait for the folks saying “that’s what she said”.
FYI it’s a 30min fix and dealer took care of it no worries

I didn't order one because of the issues, they are know to rattle, they leak and ford doesn't know how to fix it. They also can get kinda stuck. My old explorer had one and it literally flooded the interior, there was like 3 inches of standing water. Absolute junk

I am concerned about this. Its very difficult to find a lariat or above on the lots without the dang panoramic sunroof. Its a little bit of a turn off for me because of the issues I hear about. I think its an awesome option, love the light and all of that but the reliability of it concerns me greatly. This is why i wanted to start this thread to see if there are many issues with this option on the HD trucks.

Dang, now you guys have me worried. As of now (KNOCK ON WOOD ?) I haven't had any issues with my 17 Raptor and so far no issues with the Tremor. ?

I absolutely love it though!

Dang, now you guys have me worried. As of now (KNOCK ON WOOD ?) I haven't had any issues with my 17 Raptor and so far no issues with the Tremor. ?

I absolutely love it though!

Assuming you keep ur raptor in the garage? The tremor is to big to fit in my garage and will be kept outside. Its for this reason im extra concerned about this option with the weathering if the seals.

I am concerned about this. Its very difficult to find a lariat or above on the lots without the dang panoramic sunroof. Its a little bit of a turn off for me because of the issues I hear about. I think its an awesome option, love the light and all of that but the reliability of it concerns me greatly. This is why i wanted to start this thread to see if there are many issues with this option on the HD trucks.
Seriously don’t be. It’s a “low probability” you’d have an issue on a 2020+ (they long fixed the issue with the rattling that was caused by the mounts). The screeching can be handled with some lube (that’s what she said), and you’re likely never going to hear it.
It is an absolute must-have option despite potential issues. I got so many compliments on it in the past by whoever was sitting in the back.

Seriously don’t be. It’s a “low probability” you’d have an issue on a 2020+ (they long fixed the issue with the rattling that was caused by the mounts). The screeching can be handled with some lube (that’s what she said), and you’re likely never going to hear it.
It is an absolute must-have option despite potential issues. I got so many compliments on it in the past by whoever was sitting in the back.

This is good information thank you. I did like the feature when i test drove one with this option. I can see many reasons why people love them. Even for the kidos sitting in the back at night they can see stars, planes, etc... anything to keep them entertained.

I specifically got my truck without a sunroof because my first Gen raptors sunroof broke 3 times. My Gen 2 Raptor broke twice so I’m over fords sunroofs......

? same.
I specifically ordered my '21 F350 without a hole in its' roof because of past experiences of myself & others.
Granted, that hole in the roof IS pretty and I understand why it is desired .... I'll knock on wood for all of ya' ?

Man, ya'll got me worrying now. My truck sits for weeks on end outdoors. Hopefully I don't get any water intrusion through the sunroof.

Man, ya'll got me worrying now. My truck sits for weeks on end outdoors. Hopefully I don't get any water intrusion through the sunroof.
To be fair: the leaking is a much less common problem than the lubrication and rattling.

The leaking can be attributed to a drain plug that can come undone too.

No issues, this is my third vehicle with the option. I love it, wouldn’t buy one without

every sunroof I've had turned to junk. That's why I didn't order it on my Tremor.
One day they will get it right, just not today. Good Luck!

Back