any one else get this recall

imontheroad

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Star White Platinum
I am reaching out as Ford has notified us about a recall on your vehicle. In some of the affected vehicles, insufficient electrical conductivity within the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) internal to the camera may lead to intermittent front view or Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) camera operation. This could result in a blank or distorted image from the front of the vehicle or of the truck bed.

I am reaching out as Ford has notified us about a recall on your vehicle. In some of the affected vehicles, insufficient electrical conductivity within the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) internal to the camera may lead to intermittent front view or Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL) camera operation. This could result in a blank or distorted image from the front of the vehicle or of the truck bed.
Yes, Ford Pass tells me I have a recall - Field Service Action Number 20B39 - for the "front view and center high mount stop lamp camera improper function"

I was just at the dealership yesterday getting a free oil change and rotation and could have had it done, but didn't realize until today.

Ed

Is the recall going out for all trucks? I knew of it for a few months but they are only starting to do something about it until now.

I didn’t receive a recall, but my camera went out on it’s own without it. They thought it was just the camera that needed to be replaced, but after digging they had to nearly re-wire the whole system. Took them 4-5 hours longer than they expected. They actually stayed a bit late to finish it, which I was impressed by.

I just checked and I have Field Service Action Number 20B39 on my truck as well. I was expecting it as the cargo camera works only when it feels like it...

I just got it too, never had an issue in 20k miles, should I have it done. I just hate my dealer and other people working on my truck.

I was in the Service department today. Had a check engine light but they told me about it and my Tremor is affected. So I get to return next week and sit in the waiting room again watching Judge Judy and eating stale popcorn.

The up side is they did several reprograms and no more check engine light.

When were your guys' rigs built? My was built in Oct 2020 and I haven't seen this recall yet.

I was in the Service department today. Had a check engine light but they told me about it and my Tremor is affected. So I get to return next week and sit in the waiting room again watching Judge Judy and eating stale popcorn.

The up side is they did several reprograms and no more check engine light.
No recall on mine but I did see one for the popcorn ?

When were your guys' rigs built? My was built in Oct 2020 and I haven't seen this recall yet.
Mine was built on 11/19/19. The recall affects vehicles built in late '19-'20

Mine was built on 11/19/19. The recall affects vehicles built in late '19-'20
Late Feb build here and I am getting a new camera next week.
Just need to set up Appointment. My camera just stopped working ( bed camera). It worked one time when the salesman went over the truck at delivery. I went to show my wife when I got home and it did not work.

Just had the notification pop up in the Ford Pass app, but no issues with the truck. It doesn’t sound critical so I’ll probably just wait until the next oil change is due and schedule it through the dealer.

Just had the notification pop up in the Ford Pass app, but no issues with the truck. It doesn’t sound critical so I’ll probably just wait until the next oil change is due and schedule it through the dealer.
They need a new part so better give them a heads up to get it order. My dealership is large and I have been waiting a few days for it to come in.

Back