Any current Power Wagon owners?

Not a peep in this thread. No one has upgraded from a Power Wagon to a Super Duty Tremor?!

Not a peep in this thread. No one has upgraded from a Power Wagon to a Super Duty Tremor?!
Maybe its just nobody wants to admit to having owned a Power Wagon. I know I bought 1 Dodge truck in my life and will never own another one.

I hate to say it, but the Power Wagon is the better off roader. It's dedicated to someone who primarily wants to go off road with little to no intention of towing much. Heck, the Ram 1500 Rebel has a higher payload and towing than the PW. The PW has a gas only engine (sorry diesel boys but lighter is better for off roading) front and rear lockers with a detachable sway bar, not to mention the cushy spring rates. The Tremor is for someone who wants to tow primarily and go off roading occasionally. I don't see a heck of a lot of people cross-shopping the two because they're in two separate leagues.

Unfortunately I must admit I am one. I sold my 2017 F-250 CCSB w/6.7 after 85k trouble free miles. I bought a 18 Power Wagon and now have 25k miles on it. All I can say is I miss my Super Duty so a few weeks ago I pulled the trigger and placed my order for the Tremor w/7.3. I’m a few times a year trailer puller but like the off-road ability for my South Texas deer lease. Once I get the Tremor I can compare more but I can tell you know I know the Super Duty will be my favorite of the 2 based on my needs and wants.

The PW is a nice truck. I like them. I’m guessing it had something to do with Ford designing the Tremor package.

I’m going to have to disagree about gas trucks being better off road. I’ve only owned diesel full size fords and have never had an issue off road. I never found myself wishing I had a lighter gas engine. The low end torque of a diesel is amazing in low speed crawling. I’ve been on the same trails and runs with jeeps, Tacomas, raptors, etc and never had issues. Unless you’re hardcore rock crawling a full size diesel truck isn’t a disadvantage. The range of a diesel at low speed is also a bonus. When those gas guys are getting 5-8 mpg I could get 12-15. Yes a gas truck “feels” lighter in the wheel because it is, but I like the weight of a diesel. It’s less apt to bounce and wander while climbing and dropping off ledges. I think the PW electric sway bar is a gimmick. They can and do fail. Front locker is nice but overkill 90% of the time. I’d take the range, power, and payload of the ford over a PW any day of the week. Once the winch is available it won’t even be a question. My non expert 2 cents.

The PW is a nice truck. I like them. I’m guessing it had something to do with Ford designing the Tremor package.
Not for me, I’ve had 10 super duties through the years and bought the PW just to try something different and see if gas would please me. The gas doesn’t have the response of a diesel obviously but it does what I need. Overall I’m just not into the Ram like I am a Super Duty and from my track record of always going back it doesn’t surprise me.

I've seen at least 6 if not 8 PW owners post elsewhere they were selling or trading in for a Tremor for various reasons.

I’m going to have to disagree about gas trucks being better off road. I’ve only owned diesel full size fords and have never had an issue off road. I never found myself wishing I had a lighter gas engine. The low end torque of a diesel is amazing in low speed crawling. I’ve been on the same trails and runs with jeeps, Tacomas, raptors, etc and never had issues. Unless you’re hardcore rock crawling a full size diesel truck isn’t a disadvantage. The range of a diesel at low speed is also a bonus. When those gas guys are getting 5-8 mpg I could get 12-15. Yes a gas truck “feels” lighter in the wheel because it is, but I like the weight of a diesel. It’s less apt to bounce and wander while climbing and dropping off ledges. I think the PW electric sway bar is a gimmick. They can and do fail. Front locker is nice but overkill 90% of the time. I’d take the range, power, and payload of the ford over a PW any day of the week. Once the winch is available it won’t even be a question. My non expert 2 cents.

I myself had ONE and ONLY dodge in my life. I giggled at your statement here because I feel the same way... When I watched the TFL vid of them doing the test against the AT4, Tremor and the PW the sway bar would not disconnect... the whole time I was thinking to myself.. "that's a dodge for you" Although granted it DID beat the tremor in that test even though it would not work, the fact that it would not work was still comical.

I should clarify... it's not the "diesel" that makes it worse off roading, it's the added weight of the 6.7 diesel. If you had a diesel the same weight as the gas than I would prefer a diesel too. There is a TFL video of them doing a Gas Tremor vs a Diesel Tremor off roading and the guy liked the gas version much better because of the weight advantage. I'll see if I can find the video. Again... I'm just talking about the off road aspect of the diesel weight vs gas weight conversation.

I should clarify... it's not the "diesel" that makes it worse off roading, it's the added weight of the 6.7 diesel. If you had a diesel the same weight as the gas than I would prefer a diesel too. There is a TFL video of them doing a Gas Tremor vs a Diesel Tremor off roading and the guy liked the gas version much better because of the weight advantage. I'll see if I can find the video. Again... I'm just talking about the off road aspect of the diesel weight vs gas weight conversation.
totally get what your saying. But again it’s a preference. The tfl guy likes the gas one better because of the “feel”. Very subjective evaluation. The rest of the world off roads with diesels for the very reasons I mentioned. Not saying one is better than the other. It’s all preference. I don’t think the weight of the diesel is an issue. Companies like Thuren, Carli, DPP, and AEV make a living modifying and off roading diesel trucks.

Back