Any 2021 Build News. Any vin#s or start dates

So I placed my order on Friday, it was scheduled today, got the VIN, should be arriving at the dealer right around Thanksgiving.

Priority code was 19 btw. like I said they mean nothing without knowing how the dealer assigns them and knowing weather they have allocation...
Good luck to you and hope it comes very fast will be a long few weeks waiting for it.

Just spoke to my dealer and I do have a VIN for my 2021. Order placed mid August. Tracking sites not showing a production date yet.

EDIT: Dealer called back and said it’s scheduled for week of Nov 16. Black 7.3L XLT Lariat, Ultimate, Black, Tremor, priority code 10. Don’t know which plant. So I guess that’s around Christmas for me. If that helps anyone with tracking and expectations.

Last edited:
Just spoke to my dealer and I do have a VIN for my 2021. Order placed mid August. Tracking sites not showing a production date yet.
Good for you my man. Gets me excited to here from my salesman

Good for you my man. Gets me excited to here from my salesman
He gave me his cell #. I drunk texted him late last night saying I’m hearing all these people having there orders pulled. He texted me back this morning saying the sales manager will call the Ford Rep to see about changing the Priority 19 to see if it helps. But I did have some people say it doesn’t matter. Oh well. The salesman must hate me after switching my order a couple times and backing out of a 2020 build to build a 2021.

EDIT: Dealer called back and said it’s scheduled for week of Nov 16. Black 7.3L XLT Lariat, Ultimate, Black, Tremor, priority code 10. Don’t know which plant. So I guess that’s around Christmas for me. If that helps anyone with tracking and expectations.

Damn, Ive never heard of this XLT Lariat. Is this a new trim level?? LOL

Damn, Ive never heard of this XLT Lariat. Is this a new trim level?? LOL
Hmm. Well, I don’t know where I got that, but yeah, it’s just Lariat. Didn’t it used to be XLT Lariat, like in the 80s and 90s? Maybe I’m just showing my age, ha.

So I placed my order on Friday, it was scheduled today, got the VIN, should be arriving at the dealer right around Thanksgiving.

Priority code was 19 btw. like I said they mean nothing without knowing how the dealer assigns them and knowing weather they have allocation...
I had a 19. A number of trucks ordered after mine with a 10 were finished a few days before me. 19 may affect it by a week or too.

The bigger factor is when does the dealer have allotment. Obviously you can’t build 100k plus trucks in one week.

I just received a call from my dealer with my VIN and build date of 11/16.
I ordered it on September 1st with priority code 10.
Lithium Gray 7.3 F350 lariat Blackout package and winch.
Does anyone know how long after the build date it with ship? Not that I’m excited or anything.

I just received a call from my dealer with my VIN and build date of 11/16.
I ordered it on September 1st with priority code 10.
Lithium Gray 7.3 F350 lariat Blackout package and winch.
Does anyone know how long after the build date it with ship? Not that I’m excited or anything.
Mine went to production Friday 8/7 produced Monday 8/17 spray in bed 8/18 shipped 8/19.

Order placed 8/31. Accepted 9/2 and just received the VIN today. Dealer told me the build date is November 9th.

my priority was 19 at a small dealer

I placed my order in Minnesota, 1/28/2021. It's for a 2021 F-350 xlt Tremor 6.7.
On my order summary, says priority 80. Does this mean I have a long time to wait before delivery?
Still no VIN, in fact dealer has not yet ran my cc card number I gave them for the $1000 deposit.
So I guess I will just wait to hear back? I would like to get a vin so I can start tracking

I placed my order in Minnesota, 1/28/2021. It's for a 2021 F-350 xlt Tremor 6.7.
On my order summary, says priority 80. Does this mean I have a long time to wait before delivery?
Still no VIN, in fact dealer has not yet ran my cc card number I gave them for the $1000 deposit.
So I guess I will just wait to hear back? I would like to get a vin so I can start tracking
Retail orders are priority 10-19. Stock are 20-80. Ask the dealer why the ordered it as dealer stock. Might be awhile before you get a VIN unless they don’t have a clue and enter every order this way.

Retail orders are priority 10-19. Stock are 20-80. Ask the dealer why the ordered it as dealer stock. Might be awhile before you get a VIN unless they don’t have a clue and enter every order this way.

Yeah, from what I've heard dealer stock is getting planned/scheduled through August. Maybe they have a good relationship with their Ford rep and will get the order in just as normal as a retail one. But most of what I've read is that retail orders are a higher priority for Ford than dealer stock right now.

Don't be alarmed you don't have a VIN yet. I placed my order 2 weeks ago and don't have a VIN. Once the truck is scheduled you get a VIN. And there's no "8 weeks from VIN" sort of timing. It's just once the production planners decide your order along with hundreds of others are the optimal setup for a production run, they push them through.

Some guys get a VIN with a build date 2 weeks later. Others get a VIN and the build date is 2 months later.

Kind of shootin from the hip there with some bad info Bananawine. First off orders for ‘21s are going to stop on March 11. March 15 the order bank for ‘22s opens up. They will start production of ‘22s in June. Retail orders always take priority to stock orders except the first week or so of production when they run dealer stock only. Dealer allocation is what matters the most regarding when an order gets picked up and scheduled. Baddestt has some questions to ask his dealer.

Kind of shootin from the hip there with some bad info Bananawine. First off orders for ‘21s are going to stop on March 11. March 15 the order bank for ‘22s opens up. They will start production of ‘22s in June. Retail orders always take priority to stock orders except the first week or so of production when they run dealer stock only. Dealer allocation is what matters the most regarding when an order gets picked up and scheduled. Baddestt has some questions to ask his dealer.

Dealers are definitely getting told that their dealer stock is getting planned through August and later. Super duty demand is very high, and so Ford wants to prioritize orders for customers that are ready to buy over dealers thinking they could probably sell a truck but maybe it sits on the lot for 6 months because no one likes the color.

Note I'm not saying a dealer ordering today for dealer stock definitely won't get it until August. I'm saying Ford is now planning the dealer stock production through August and beyond. There are that many customer and fleet orders queued up, so they'll squeeze in dealer stock where it makes sense. But dealers are being given the guidance that if they're thinking of just having some super duties on the lot to try and sell - they should plan to wait on those.

Retail/fleet orders are a whole different ball game.

Edit: I agree @Baddestt definitely has questions for their dealer.

I called my dealer on Friday and he said they didn’t pull my order yet. I have that SHITTY Priority Code 19. Which I read it goes from 10-19. 10 being a major priority. I’m going to call my salesman again to see if I got a vin # in a couple of days. Or if I get word one of you had your orders pulled and hit a vin#. Then I can say so and so got his pulled please see what you can do for me. Please keep us all posted. Itching for any 2021 news. ESPECIALLY PICS FROM FORD SITES.
Priority codes are only used by Ford to know which orders to pull from your dealer. If your dealer only has one retail order and it’s 19 it will get picked up as long as they have allocation available. After that the code means nothing. Your dealer assigns the code when they build the order

Ordered my Tremor on 1/28 as well. Listed as a retail order. I don’t see a priority code on my Buyers Order. We’ll see who gets their pride and joy first. Lol

My dealer sent me copy of buyers order. I am Retail, Priority 13.
They are expecting some time in May before memorial weekend for delivery.

They advised they install the front/rear splash guards, front/rear wheel well liners, winch, tough bed spray, tonneau cover at their dealership.

I thought all this was to be done at factory (except winch). Dealer said it would be a longer wait if Ford does it at factory

This is MN.

Last edited:
Back