Antenna

The EPIC Roscoe

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USCG (Ret.)
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch Tremor 7.3L
Anyone replace their antenna with one of those smaller aftermarket antennas? If so, any noticeable sound quality reduction? I’ve seen a few on YouTube and Amazon but all seem to have mixed reviews. I don’t care for the "ancient" three footer that come with the truck but don’t want to have sound quality suffer.

Attachments

• 10FE616B-DE4F-4711-809C-0B855307CD0F.png
    10FE616B-DE4F-4711-809C-0B855307CD0F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Stock is the best reception, the “bullet” did okay without the light next to it. The rubbery one works well with the light next to it.

Attachments

• ACB1CEC7-E796-4C07-9415-572D82842BE6.jpeg
    ACB1CEC7-E796-4C07-9415-572D82842BE6.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 81
  • B8E90BCE-06C6-42E6-A8BE-9E21B47394AE.jpeg
    B8E90BCE-06C6-42E6-A8BE-9E21B47394AE.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 81
if your far away from the station you are listening to yes the signal is shitty ... but if you in the city there no difference ... it is just not RF signal work.... its what i do for work

Stock is the best reception, the “bullet” did okay without the light next to it. The rubbery one works well with the light next to it.
Yeah I don’t know if I like the bullet or not. I’m leaning towards a 13 inch rubber one I guess. I live in a city so reception shouldn’t be a problem.

I do not care for the little stubby antenna...it is ugly and serves no purpose. That long ass antenna works great and is the first indicator I am about to rip my roof off when going under low clearences!

Is the stock antenna taller than the truck? I’m going to try and fit my Tremor in a 7 foot garage door. If it hits every time, I’m going to switch to stubby.

Really surprised with the price tag on these trucks that they don't have the antenna built into the windshield.

Is the stock antenna taller than the truck? I’m going to try and fit my Tremor in a 7 foot garage door. If it hits every time, I’m going to switch to stubby.
Yes it is by about a foot

Really surprised with the price tag on these trucks that they don't have the antenna built into the windshield.
It's sad really that they don't have a better setup. While not a Ford my 2012 Chevy 2500 work truck has worse reception with it's long antenna than my BMW with the Shark fin. Only done one longer range test and the BMW held the station longer.

I was all for switching to the stub antenna, but I like the idea of the long antenna as a height sensor to keep from damaging the roof.

I like my stock antenna because it lets me know how close I can get to lower ceiling parking structures. Lol

The antenna for me is simply an indicator as I never use the radio

I like the stock height checker. If you really cared about audio you should get a 4g range extender and run the radio app or Spotify from your phone.

Would be great to have an antenna that's the same height as the truck. So it would hit before you do, but wouldn't sound janky every time pulling into the garage. Anyone ever seen such a thing? Take a wire cutter to the stock one?

Would be great to have an antenna that's the same height as the truck. So it would hit before you do, but wouldn't sound janky every time pulling into the garage. Anyone ever seen such a thing? Take a wire cutter to the stock one?
yea i got rid of mine for a shorty antenna

I did that to my 06 F150 when I had it. Put a level from the roof to the antenna and then cut the stock antenna down about a half inch higher. This left the antenna as an indicator, but eliminated the constant twang when I pulled in and out of my old garage.

Really, really stupid question, but who knows whether that renders the antenna useless? Just thinking maybe it’s gotta be a looped wire in there or something.

Latest Discussions

Back