Antenna suggestions

MacTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250
First Responder
LE
Looking for suggestions and recommendations for short antenna mods. It’s a combination of personal preference and not looking to have it bent again at the Carwash for me. Any ideas or ones that have worked well for you would be appreciated. Thanks

Fair warning: I did a stubby antenna on my current truck (F-150) and it rusted out within a few years. Lost all reception because of the rust.

When I tried to remove the stubby to reinstall the factory one and have a working antenna again, the threaded stub stayed in the hole (basically an adapter they used that was male threaded on both ends). Couldn’t get it out for the life of me - PB Blaster, screw extractor, drilling it out. Ended up having to replace the antenna housing. Was a PITA.

So if you do replace the factory one, some things to check for:
1. Stainless steel threads if possible.
2. Put some dielectric grease on the threads when you install it to hopefully prevent it from rusting.

Edit: turns out I documented which one I bought. It was the Craven Speed one: https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna/?301Redirect=yes&ID=259

Fair warning: I did a stubby antenna on my current truck (F-150) and it rusted out within a few years. Lost all reception because of the rust.

When I tried to remove the stubby to reinstall the factory one and have a working antenna again, the threaded stub stayed in the hole (basically an adapter they used that was male threaded on both ends). Couldn’t get it out for the life of me - PB Blaster, screw extractor, drilling it out. Ended up having to replace the antenna housing. Was a PITA.

So if you do replace the factory one, some things to check for:
1. Stainless steel threads if possible.
2. Put some dielectric grease on the threads when you install it to hopefully prevent it from rusting.

Edit: turns out I documented which one I bought. It was the Craven Speed one: https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna/?301Redirect=yes&ID=259

Duly noted. Thank you!!!! Also sounds like a quick unscrew/grease after the winter season every year couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: ccw
Duly noted. Thank you!!!! Also sounds like a quick unscrew/grease after the winter season every year couldn’t hurt.
Indeed! And if it is starting to rust catching it before it’s essentially welded in place so you can hopefully do something about it.

That shows up to 2020. Any idea on 21/22 compatibility?
Not sure. But I don’t have any reason to believe ‘21 is different than ‘20. 2022 nobody has seen yet so hard to say.

Not sure. But I don’t have any reason to believe ‘21 is different than ‘20. 2022 nobody has seen yet so hard to say.
Given the general lack of changes with 2022 other than the dash, I would be shocked if it didn’t work with the 2022.

Zero actual evidence to confirm that obviously, but changing the antenna threads would be a really strange change to make in such a generally minor revision year.

Given the general lack of changes with 2022 other than the dash, I would be shocked if it didn’t work with the 2022.

Zero actual evidence to confirm that obviously, but changing the antenna threads would be a really strange change to make in such a generally minor revision year.
Was thinking the same. My only consideration would lean more towards the question of if the sync 3 to sync 4 in the 22’s could be effected (for any signal reception). I can’t think of why it would off the top of my head but I guess that’s why I’m here asking... lol

Used craven speed stubby antenna on all my rides and they are great.

Looking for suggestions and recommendations for short antenna mods. It’s a combination of personal preference and not looking to have it bent again at the Carwash for me. Any ideas or ones that have worked well for you would be appreciated. Thanks
Here's the one I am using on my Tremor. It's the 6 3/4" model. It gets very good reception, even on AM stations. Open the Amazon page and scroll down and read about the company and there products. High quality materials from America, stainless and copper internal components. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0QTD7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1618646246734.png

I shortened my stock antenna 7”. Works great. Tape up the ball with electrical tape. Use a pliers to remove ball. Cut off 7” with grinder. Sand down the end a little at a time until the ball fits. Superglue ball back on. Touch up with back paint. ?

Arn't Antennas an early warning for Low Overhead Ahead .. Have I been wrong all this time ..

Reactions: ccw
Back