Antenna Delete - OEM Thread Size?

I swapped mine out for a shorty, It works fine and doesn't rub on the overhead garage door. seemed to be a common size when I had it apart but would have to measure it and the thread pitch. What do you plan to do for ant?

I swapped mine out for a shorty, It works fine and doesn't rub on the overhead garage door. seemed to be a common size when I had it apart but would have to measure it and the thread pitch. What do you plan to do for ant?
Streaming services and saved music on phone.

If you can measure the size and pitch that would be perfect (y)

Streaming services and saved music on phone.

If you can measure the size and pitch that would be perfect (y)
I can't today up north with my car. I can check it out on Monday if someone doesn't beat me to it. You should have no troubles with a nice cap for it. :cool:
I stream as well and rarely listen to the live radio.

I can't today up north with my car. I can check it out on Monday if someone doesn't beat me to it. You should have no troubles with a nice cap for it. :cool:
I stream as well and rarely listen to the live radio.

Maybe McMaster has something in stock that will suffice nicely. Thank you!

If nobody gets it sooner, I'll measure tonight when I get to work.

Thank you! :D

Maybe McMaster has something in stock that will suffice nicely. Thank you!

Thank you! :D
Turns out that it's a 1/4-20 female thread on the truck and a half in long screw will thread all the way down in.

Edit: Here's some pics of mine. I got the 6 3/4" flex antenna from Amazon ( AntennaMastsRus ). It's very inconspicuous and works well too.

There's a pic of the mount minus antenna and one with a 1/4-20 button head screwed in.
1625946372738.png
1625946399456.png
1625946432931.png
1625946477184.png

They sell an antenna delete plug on Amazon for the Fords. Also some have opted for just pushing one of the plastic trim mounts into the whole for a very flat clean look.
1625946720501.png
1625946835475.png

Last edited:
Turns out that it's a 1/4-20 female thread on the truck and a half in long screw will thread all the way down in.
1/4-20? Woah! One of the most common threads of all time lol. Would've thought it would be some metric obscure thing.

Thank you! ? Now to find a threaded cap with a small head that matches diameter of the antenna base, and add an O ring. Do you know what the diameter is at the top of the antenna base?

This is the section I'm looking at: https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/rou.../material~stainless-steel/finish~black-oxide/

Last edited:
1/4-20? Woah! One of the most common threads of all time lol. Would've thought it would be some metric obscure thing.

Thank you! ? Now to find a threaded cap with a small head that matches diameter of the antenna base, and add an O ring. Do you know what the diameter is at the top of the antenna base?

This is the section I'm looking at: https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/rou.../material~stainless-steel/finish~black-oxide/
The head on the 1/4-20 button head is a clean fit.

I think I would skip the oring and just put a dab of black silicone on the bottom of the head and call it. The threads are brass so moisture getting in isn't a real issue.

I think I would skip the oring and just put a dab of black silicone on the bottom of the head and call it. The threads are brass so moisture getting in isn't a real issue.
I have some Loctite 577 I can use. Just wondering how much the head of the screw is going to extend pass the diameter of the antenna base. Want it to look nice!

@RedZilla If you get a chance to measure the base on the truck where the screw would bottom out at, please let me know :) Thank you!
Don't have quick access to the truck for now, at work.
The button head screw in my picture above is .437" at the head. The button head in the McMaster page is the same so that's how it should fit.
The .493 phillips will probably fit nicely as well, a little closer to the edge.
The bottom phillips head is probably too big at .573"

Don't have quick access to the truck for now, at work.
The button head screw in my picture above is .437" at the head. The button head in the McMaster page is the same so that's how it should fit.
The .493 phillips will probably fit nicely as well, a little closer to the edge.
The bottom phillips head is probably too big at .573"
I didn't see your photos earlier, you must've edited post; that's good! I don't like Phillips head for anything lol.

Yep, the black oxide stainless should look the best yet in that case! $7.88 for a pack of 25 for the smallest 1/4" length. Will 1/4" be enough engagement?

The problem with the plastic push pins is there's a chance of them breaking off inside of the brass later if you decide to remove it.

The antenna delete you can buy already doesn't seem like it was designed to be seamless and exclusive for the Super Duty.

I think the button head looks cleanest. I would go with 1/2" There's plenty of thread depth.

:D Perfect. I just didn't know if the 1/2" would bottom out before torquing the screw. There's plenty of room left over?
Yep, no problem on 1/2", plenty of engagement that way. Sure you don't want a stubby antenna? They work as good as the OEM and look clean.

Yep, no problem on 1/2", plenty of engagement that way. Sure you don't want a stubby antenna? They work as good as the OEM and look clean.
Have a Stubby brand on the 2013 F150 and it only works as good as OEM in large populated areas.

No idea why they couldnt be bothered to put the FM antenna in the rear glass like cars used to do it.

How deep does that brass insert go exactly?

Have a Stubby brand on the 2013 F150 and it only works as good as OEM in large populated areas.

No idea why they couldnt be bothered to put the FM antenna in the rear glass like cars used to do it.

How deep does that brass insert go exactly?
I'll have to measure late tonight. Will get this first thing in the AM.

Back