Another Newbie

Redoggs

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ordered a 2022 F250 Tremor star white
Another long time follower/first time poster here, this forum is amazing. Like several others i have seen here, I too have a F150 Ecoboost, love the truck as a daily driver and for light duty stuff, however after several white knuckle towing trips out to Colorado hunting I have been on the search for a 3/4 or 1 ton and have decided to order a 2022 F250 tremor. I debated between the regular F250 with the 3.55 rear end but it was not what i actually wanted so i stayed with my original plan and ordered a star white, crew cab, F250, now i hope it shows up before year end... I must have drove my wife crazy with all the obsession over the tremor as she finally said one day to order it if it will shut me up. I don't tow/haul much compared to most of you, we have a 28' Camper that we use a few times each summer as the kids sports schedule allows, and I take a few long distance hunting trips each year with buddies, and picking up some beef cattle as I find them. I have come to the conclusion that life is short, the Tremor is virtually the same price as a new F150 and maybe most important my wife gave the ok.. Thanks for all the free information, advice, suggestions and general knowledge on the Tremor!

Life is short. The F-250 should be a much more stable platform for your trailers.

Awesome! I was torn on the star white, ultimately went with black. I also had F150 ecoboost and loved them, had 2015 and 2018. Honestly the engine was surprisingly plenty capable for my towing needs but it lacked in all other areas. I had two super duties back in the day (1999,2001) and obviously loved them. You will not be disappointed after you get your new truck, everyday I look out window ready to jump in and hit the road. Best decision I’ve made is going back to Ford SD! I went with 7.3, it’s a power house for a gas engine.

Awesome! I was torn on the star white, ultimately went with black. I also had F150 ecoboost and loved them, had 2015 and 2018. Honestly the engine was surprisingly plenty capable for my towing needs but it lacked in all other areas. I had two super duties back in the day (1999,2001) and obviously loved them. You will not be disappointed after you get your new truck, everyday I look out window ready to jump in and hit the road. Best decision I’ve made is going back to Ford SD! I went with 7.3, it’s a power house for a gas engine.
I was star white through and through for a while. Didn’t even really consider any other color. When I really started looking and shopping around, my wife asked why I wasn’t considering black. I‘ve always heard horror stories about black vehicles so I never considered.
I came across a black/black package and my jaw dropped. Clean truck (when it is clean ? ?).
Anyway, white took the back seat and I’m now waiting in on black 22 order. I know I will have to work 4 times as hard to keep it clean but I’m up for the challenge.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your switch from white to black and any regrets.

Cheers

Another long time follower/first time poster here, this forum is amazing. Like several others i have seen here, I too have a F150 Ecoboost, love the truck as a daily driver and for light duty stuff, however after several white knuckle towing trips out to Colorado hunting I have been on the search for a 3/4 or 1 ton and have decided to order a 2022 F250 tremor. I debated between the regular F250 with the 3.55 rear end but it was not what i actually wanted so i stayed with my original plan and ordered a star white, crew cab, F250, now i hope it shows up before year end... I must have drove my wife crazy with all the obsession over the tremor as she finally said one day to order it if it will shut me up. I don't tow/haul much compared to most of you, we have a 28' Camper that we use a few times each summer as the kids sports schedule allows, and I take a few long distance hunting trips each year with buddies, and picking up some beef cattle as I find them. I have come to the conclusion that life is short, the Tremor is virtually the same price as a new F150 and maybe most important my wife gave the ok.. Thanks for all the free information, advice, suggestions and general knowledge on the Tremor!

Welcome to the forum @Redoggs - Congrats on the order! ? Many of us here went through the same obsession deciding on engines/colors/options. It will be well worth it though!

I was star white through and through for a while. Didn’t even really consider any other color. When I really started looking and shopping around, my wife asked why I wasn’t considering black. I‘ve always heard horror stories about black vehicles so I never considered.
I came across a black/black package and my jaw dropped. Clean truck (when it is clean ? ?).
Anyway, white took the back seat and I’m now waiting in on black 22 order. I know I will have to work 4 times as hard to keep it clean but I’m up for the challenge.

Would love to hear your thoughts on your switch from white to black and any regrets.

Cheers
I went with black because it looks so dang good...BUT...it is hard AF to keep clean. Fixing that by getting it wrapped next week haha! It is more to protect the paint when offroad but a definite secondary reason is the cleaning.

Lol.. I too had to wait for approval from the boss. On a Friday she said ok, on Saturday I located a Tremor and came home with it.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! You will enjoy the Tremor. ?

Cheers
I’m in Colorado so weather is an issue with keeping rig clean. I put a spray ceramic coat on it which helps a lot. Looks better than any other color when freshly clean but doesn’t last long.

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on pulling the trigger! Im sure you will love your star white. I love my AM blue, but truthfully, I havent seen a color truck on here I havent liked, so cant go wrong, and its a Tremor! Well done

Lol.. I too had to wait for approval from the boss. On a Friday she said ok, on Saturday I located a Tremor and came home with it.
Yeah had gotten ok from wife while signing the pets..whew could have been bad..glad I did not go build and wait route not sure I could wait weeks.

Congratulations ?

Congratulations and welcome! My strategy for the 29 years we've been married has been to wear her out with what I'm wanting until she insists that I get it and shut up! Everything has been bought with her prior "approval". ? BTW she is particularly happy with the Tremor. ? That makes me very happy.

Congratulations and welcome! My strategy for the 29 years we've been married has been to wear her out with what I'm wanting until she insists that I get it and shut up! Everything has been bought with her prior "approval". ? BTW she is particularly happy with the Tremor. ? That makes me very happy.
Lol. I will take your advice, I’m only 10 years into marriage..

Lol. I will take your advice, I’m only 10 years into marriage..
It takes a little patience and tact, but it's very effective when it's "their idea". ?

Last edited:
Back