Another hitch thread

Bruno

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor, Oxford White
Current Ride #2
1974 Plymouth Cuda
I settled on getting a B&W hitch (3 inch shank, 7 inch drop, tri ball), part TS30049B. Now it seems I can’t find them in stock anywhere near me. I like the capacity of the hitch and the fact that I won’t have to buy multiple ball sizes and swap them out.

A local trailer sales location can get it next day from a supplier but the price is $455 even though MSRP is $346. His other supplier that has it for MSRP is out of stock. I’m also seeing some online sales that are out of stock too.

My question is this. If you have one, where did you get it and did you pay a premium for it?

I should have figured this out earlier but now I’m leaving for an elk hunting trip in Idaho next week but need a hitch for my trailer. I honestly didn’t think it would be a big deal getting one.

I ordered same hitch from Amazon on Monday and got it Friday. It was ~$385 with free shipping. Very nice hitch good choice.

Here’s a pic. If you were like me it was tough decision between the 5 and 7in drop. I have about 13 in clearance from bottom of hitch to the ground and will work for any trailer I want to pull. The 5 might have been to short if I get a different trailer. Do to cost wanted it to be a one time purchase.
DA2FDA32-7BBC-4B16-9DBC-303C91A91DA6.jpeg

I ordered same hitch from Amazon on Monday and got it Friday. It was ~$385 with free shipping. Very nice hitch good choice.
I went straight to Amazon after striking out locally and they don’t have the 7 inch drop hitch but they do have the 4 inch version. I had considered the 4 inch drop initially because i was worried that any real weight could make the hitch drag if the truck squats. Have you had this experience?

I ordered the same hitch direct from B&W and had the hitch in under a week.

I found this too. The problem is the hitch won’t show up until after my trip ?. I may have found one but it’s 80 freaking miles away from me. I may just go get it anyway since it’ll give me a chance to drive my truck around (I have a work vehicle so I’ve only put about 400 miles on mine in two months).

I ordered the same hitch direct from B&W and had the hitch in under a week.
Really? I have to look at their website again because I could only find a link to retailers, not a direct purchase option.

Really? I have to look at their website again because I could only find a link to retailers, not a direct purchase option.
You had me second guessing myself but I went back and checked the receipt. ?
But I just went to their site and I’ll be damned if I can figure out how I placed the order.

You had me second guessing myself but I went back and checked the receipt. ?
But I just went to their site and I’ll be damned if I can figure out how I placed the order.
Haha. I appreciate the effort! I looked all over their site again and can’t find a way to buy directly from them.

Go with the 7" there are times when you will want the drop, doubt you will ever have to worry about it dragging

I settled on getting a B&W hitch (3 inch shank, 7 inch drop, tri ball), part TS30049B. Now it seems I can’t find them in stock anywhere near me. I like the capacity of the hitch and the fact that I won’t have to buy multiple ball sizes and swap them out.

A local trailer sales location can get it next day from a supplier but the price is $455 even though MSRP is $346. His other supplier that has it for MSRP is out of stock. I’m also seeing some online sales that are out of stock too.

My question is this. If you have one, where did you get it and did you pay a premium for it?

I should have figured this out earlier but now I’m leaving for an elk hunting trip in Idaho next week but need a hitch for my trailer. I honestly didn’t think it would be a big deal getting one.

if you haven’t already settled on a hitch yet, take a look at Bullet Proof hitches.
I discovered them AFTER I bought my 7” B&W hitch but I have one on my work truck and it’s actually a better design. Offers more versatility, and if I ever sell my B&W then I’m getting one of theirs.

if you haven’t already settled on a hitch yet, take a look at Bullet Proof hitches.
I discovered them AFTER I bought my 7” B&W hitch but I have one on my work truck and it’s actually a better design. Offers more versatility, and if I ever sell my B&W then I’m getting one of theirs.

Would you suggest 6 or 8 inch drop?

I would consider the bulletproof if they had a tri ball setup. Looks like they only have dual balls (giggity). 99% of the time I would be ok with that but I know at some point I’ll need that small ball to get the job done.

Here’s a pic. If you were like me it was tough decision between the 5 and 7in drop. I have about 13 in clearance from bottom of hitch to the ground and will work for any trailer I want to pull. The 5 might have been to short if I get a different trailer. Do to cost wanted it to be a one time purchase.View attachment 6211
I got the 7 also. Would prefer the look of the 5 when not towing but glad I got the 7. Great hitch.

I would consider the bulletproof if they had a tri ball setup. Looks like they only have dual balls (giggity). 99% of the time I would be ok with that but I know at some point I’ll need that small ball to get the job done.

they do offer the 1-7/8 for that 1% of the time that you may need it.
I honestly have never used one since probably 1994.

Back