Another 7.3 down

Slow0stang

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor
Long story short, A/C stopped working 4 weeks ago sitting at a stop sign. I dropped it off at the dealer. They decide after 2 days of troubleshooting, it needs a compressor. Of course it is on back order. Flash forward to yesterday, the compressor comes in and they replace it. After 1 minute it shuts off and no A/C. Now they are saying PCM. That is of course on back order.

Long story short, A/C stopped working 4 weeks ago sitting at a stop sign. I dropped it off at the dealer. They decide after 2 days of troubleshooting, it needs a compressor. Of course it is on back order. Flash forward to yesterday, the compressor comes in and they replace it. After 1 minute it shuts off and no A/C. Now they are saying PCM. That is of course on back order.
Have them check your cooling fan.....some 7.3s had the wrong fan installed and it was spinning the wrong way. It also affected the AC.

Have them check your cooling fan.....some 7.3s had the wrong fan installed and it was spinning the wrong way. It also affected the AC.

I had 6k ish miles when it happened. I use the A/C majority of the time. Would it have taken that long to mess up? Thanks in advance.

Sorry the issues your having, it could be worse you could be 2 lemons deep with RAM. Worst customers service and reliability ever. Glad that truck is bye bye

You need AC in Missouri? :)

I had 6k ish miles when it happened. I use the A/C majority of the time. Would it have taken that long to mess up? Thanks in advance.
I believe another forum member had similar issues, although it was more than just the AC. The fan wasnt even the correct part, not sure how Ford messed that up. Maybe if you got one of the early TREMORs you might have the wrong fan part. You'd see elevated temps though, not just a bad AC.

Sorry the issues your having, it could be worse you could be 2 lemons deep with RAM. Worst customers service and reliability ever. Glad that truck is bye bye
Thanks. I have had a lemon from Ford (06 Exploder). I have owned 12 Fords and will continue to buy Ford. Stuff happens life goes on, just have to know when to cut your losses.

My A/C compressor went out at about 8,000 miles, I had to wait a month and a half for the part to come in. The fan blows the correct direction. My family was not very happy on an 800 mile road trip in 80-90 degree heat with some stop & go traffic.

Sucks but this doesnt seem like a 7.3 thing, dont they use this compressor in several vehicles?

If mine went out where I live, I wouldn't be driving the truck...until the 2 not as hot months everyone else calls "winter" come.

My A/C compressor went out at about 8,000 miles, I had to wait a month and a half for the part to come in. The fan blows the correct direction. My family was not very happy on an 800 mile road trip in 80-90 degree heat with some stop & go traffic.
I told them with the holiday coming up, I was going on vacation. I was going to need a loaner to take. My wife and 3 kids need A/C

New PCM installed today, still no A/C. I was informed that they are back at square one.

Ford is better than this ! The folks on the "line " make great money and are very fortunate to make what they do!! We all pay for their their family's livelihood. We as customers deserve as much!!

Got her back. Was a loose wire harness that was not clipped tightly.
Had a 2018 6.2l that had a bad ground wire that wasn’t clamped very good, crimped the insulation instead of the wire. Took 3 different dealerships to finally locate it.

Back