Another 23 design blunder no one seems to be talking about

Mine just update. Will check tomorrow

Mine updated a couple days ago. It held the dash setting while I fueled up this morning but not overnight. The stupid back seat occupant warning started up again and I had to dig through the menus to shut it up for a few months. This nonsense irritates me to no end. This is easily the most annoying vehicle I have ever owned. All the dang chimes, warnings, alerts (and the stunningly stupid seatbelt screen at every startup) just suck.

end of rant, for now

Anyone else notice their headlights seem to change/flicker/something while driving slowly and doing a U-turn?

Do they? Thats interesting. Ill have to look into that. TY

Two day ago i received 5.2.1 and now I received 5.2.2 with some kind of smart changes. No kidding. That’s all it says, smart changes. I guess one has to be smart enough to figure out what changed.
IMG_0531.jpeg

I noticed my seat belt chime turns off after a few minutes vs. before the update —disclaimer - I like wearing my seat belt. I got caught in the rain and was trying not to stick to the leather seats and noticed it didn’t stay constantly on as usual.

Potential 2023 buyer here very soon…is this issue fixed? I saw Ford came out with a 5.3.1 software update recently.

I went to software update yesterday while in the truck, made sure to have automatic updates on, and said "no updates avail" or something alone those lines. Nothing has changed. Still boots to the default menu everytime I start the truck.

Anyone else have the "23 with the 7.3 and feel like it just does not want to stop?

Anyone else have the "23 with the 7.3 and feel like it just does not want to stop?
I do, its very torqey at idle. Like, you gotta hold the brakes in the morning to keep it from lurching forward. I don't mind it though

I find it annoying that on the dash cluster, it does not automatically revert to the last screen I used before shutting the truck off. Jeeps going back to the list and makes me select an option.
I messaged Ford on Twitter to ask about this issue on my 2023 F250. I have the same issue as everyone else here, and it drives me nuts. Our 2019 Expedition has an issue where it cannot remember to auto-dim the screens when it is started at night, but it will at least remember that I was on the Fuel Economy screen when I shut it off the last time.

Here's the advice I got from Ford Twitter:
"Back to your original concern, after reviewing my resources, I would recommend that you contact our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-3673 (8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday); 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday)). They would be in the best position to provide further assistance with this type of issue. Thank you for being a part of the Ford Family and enjoy the rest of your Monday."

I called the number yesterday, a woman from the "Sync Team" answered and let me know it wasn't her area (which is strange, since the instrument cluster and Sync system seem so connected...) and the "systems are down" so no one could help me. I need to call back later. I will try again today, but I have little hope that anything will come of this unless they're getting more calls than just mine. Hopefully we can gain some traction and get the issue acknowledged if they realize it is a widespread issue. The woman that I talked to acted like this is the first time she's ever heard of this issue.

Last edited:
I messaged Ford on Twitter to ask about this issue on my 2023 F250. I have the same issue as everyone else here, and it drives me nuts. Our 2019 Expedition has an issue where it cannot remember to auto-dim the screens when it is started at night, but it will at least remember that I was on the Fuel Economy screen when I shut it off the last time.

Here's the advice I got from Ford Twitter:
"Back to your original concern, after reviewing my resources, I would recommend that you contact our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-3673 (8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday); 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday)). They would be in the best position to provide further assistance with this type of issue. Thank you for being a part of the Ford Family and enjoy the rest of your Monday."

I called the number yesterday, a woman from the "Sync Team" answered and let me know it wasn't her area (which is strange, since the instrument cluster and Sync system seem so connected...) and the "systems are down" so no one could help me. I need to call back later. I will try again today, but I have little hope that anything will come of this unless they're getting more calls than just mine. Hopefully we can gain some traction and get the issue acknowledged if they realize it is a widespread issue. The woman that I talked to acted like this is the first time she's ever heard of this issue.
My wife's 2022 Lincoln Aviator does the same thing, it randomly doesn't dim the sync screen on start up at night, annoying at best. Nothing better than having the screen burn into your eye retina, lol. We had the dealer look at it and there is appartently no fix. They check all the systems, no codes, could not duplicate, out the door you go. The more electronics that go into these vehicles the worse they get.

My wife's 2022 Lincoln Aviator does the same thing, it randomly doesn't dim the sync screen on start up at night, annoying at best. Nothing better than having the screen burn into your eye retina, lol. We had the dealer look at it and there is appartently no fix. They check all the systems, no codes, could not duplicate, out the door you go. The more electronics that go into these vehicles the worse they get.
I'm glad to hear that someone else notices that - It drives me nuts, but I've convinced myself that I'm just OCD or something because I don't hear many complaints about it.

You're not alone. I flipping hate this issue. It makes me hate the other annoying shit about the electronics more than I should. The dash reset and the incessant and unnecessary seat belt monitoring really irritate me. Add the battery voltage reading in as well. It is not even close.

Honestly guys, consider yourself lucky it’s just some annoying software/electronic crap giving you irritation. Every few days i read through the FB forums and the quality shit i see there popping up with these 23s is just beyond nuts. I can deal with a few extra button clicks but would be very upset if my driveshaft just fall off.
IMG_0590.jpeg
IMG_0592.jpeg

Honestly guys, consider yourself lucky it’s just some annoying software/electronic crap giving you irritation. Every few days i read through the FB forums and the quality shit i see there popping up with these 23s is just beyond nuts. I can deal with a few extra button clicks but would be very upset if my driveshaft just fall off. View attachment 136268View attachment 136269
At this point you couldn’t offer me a 23/24 for my ‘21 on an even trade. 🤦 sad but facts….shits only been getting worse since then!

This is probably the 5th post where someone claims Ford fixed the issue for good. I don’t trust any of them anymore. I’ll believe it when i see it myself.

IMG_0612.jpeg

Back