Andersen Ultimate

TrackRat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
Went this route for the new 36’ fifth wheel. Curious for those that are using this hitch receiver... have you run into any circumstances where you had contact with bed sides or cab while maneuvering the trailer? I seem to get very close to the bed side - just moved the ball hitch up to the highest setting which I think should provide the necessary safety margin.

Even more interesting would be great I hear from folks with the Andersen Ultimate AND retrax bed cover... just realized that the new bed cover is going to cost me an inch or so on both sides of the bed from a clearance perspective

Even more interesting would be great I hear from folks with the Andersen Ultimate AND retrax bed cover... just realized that the new bed cover is going to cost me an inch or so on both sides of the bed from a clearance perspective
I am new to the forum so I am a little late to your post. Have you already decided what hitch to use? I do not have a Tremor yet, but I don't think it makes any real difference when it comes to your questions. I am in a 2018 F250 CC, SRW, Short Bed truck now.

I run an AUH to tow my 36' Montana 5er and I have a Pace Edwards Ultragroove retactable cover on my short bed. The size of the Pace Edwards rails and the Retrax are smiliar as I looked at both. I would probably go with a Retrax if I had to do it again by the way.

I had to mount the Andersen pin adapater in the backwards position to make sure it wouldn't hit the side rails (it can be mounted forward or backward depending on your truck and bed). It is tight back there but I can just about put my 5er in any spot around with this setup and not contact the rails. I've been in some tight spots for sure. I don't have any pics but, next time I go camping, I will try to take some pics of the spacing when backing in at a hard angle for you. I have also been in some fairly step inclines/declines with my camper and was ok as well.

Well I had some minor contact this weekend. Combination of angle and a little bit of angle. Not terrible but a bit of a superficial gouge My Pin adaptor is mounted facing forward. How do you feel
Your cab clearance is with the pin adaptor reversed?

Well I had some minor contact this weekend. Combination of angle and a little bit of angle. Not terrible but a bit of a superficial gouge My Pin adaptor is mounted facing forward. How do you feel
Your cab clearance is with the pin adaptor reversed?
If you are in a short bed, I'd say you need it backwards facing. I don't have any issue with it at all facing backwards. I have been at some pretty decent angles without an issue. It has beeen close a few times. I can't recall ever being at a hard turn angle and a real steep downward angle at the same time though. I haven't really been too concerned about turn angles. I think the very steep incline/decline makes me more nervous, especially if I was also turning.

Second question... any of you Andersen guys using a stabilizing tripod? Have one that you like and works well?

Back