Amp Research power step Xtreme

TThai

Tremor Buff
Founding Member
Reaction Points
First at all tonight I am posting this for the folks at the Just Bolt on. I will apologize the previous original posted about my purchased. It was in the heat of the moment when I saw the package that was left on my driveway looking like that. I would be lied if I say I was not pissed. But I should have gone to contact with the folks at JBO, and solve it out before I lashed out on this link. For that I am sincerely sorry. And the JBO did return my requested and do a refund once they receive their package. And I am thank you for everyone at the forum for the understand and hope I didn't offended anybody and try not to make a fool out of myself. Thank you. And good night.

Last edited:
That seriously sucks. :(

While I agree it looks like it’s been opened before, it also looks like it went to hell and back during shipping. Who knows where the bend came from.

Have you tried reaching out to them about it? Sometimes stuff happens and where a company will truly shine or fall down is the customer service. Hopefully they’ll make it right.

FWIW my bed steps came in looking fine, no issues. But they’re also a much smaller box.

Ordered a Amp Research power step Xtreme on the July group buy. It came in today with the package looks like this. See photos. If that what The just Bolt on store try to sell their junk out of their Warehouse then please we need to stop these kind of the group buying all together. I have no idea are there anything missing or had been used out of this package. Very disappointed. I will never going to purchase anything else from them.

It's tough to say if it was shipped like that from the warehouse or damaged during shipping. I think most of his stuff is drop shipped directly from the manufacture. Have you tried contacting Johnny? I'm sure he'll make it right if anything is missing or damaged. Let me know, I don't want to see anyone get burned from the Group Buys.

Last edited:
I did sent Johnny and the sale department couple emails with the pictures attached and requested a refund or an exchange. let see how that will play out. i am not even try to open the package to see is there anything missing or damaged. Don't bother. this really sad. Truck suppose come in this week.

It's tough to say if it was shipped like that from the warehouse or damaged during shipping. I think most of his stuff is drop shipped directly from the manufacture. Have you tried contacting Johnny? I'm sure he'll make it right if anything is missing or damaged. Let me know, I don't want to see anyone get burned from the Group Buys.
Thanks for the heads up.

What are you requesting a refund or exchange on if you don't open it? The box? Typically, the intent of the packaging is to protect the product inside, some take on more abuse vs others obviously. If you are worried, video the unboxing....

Ordered a Amp Research power step Xtreme on the July group buy. It came in today with the package looks like this. See photos. If that what The just Bolt on store try to sell their junk out of their Warehouse then please we need to stop these kind of the group buying all together. I have no idea are there anything missing or had been used out of this package. Very disappointed. I will never going to purchase anything else from them.
Hi Tim,

I am one of two owners and this just was forwarded to me. Please understand that we shipped you a brand new item just as we do for every other customer. UPS and Fedex are both notorious for losing or damaging products, it's painfully brutal the last few years. They definitely re-taped this box up and delivered it instead of reporting as damaged and having it returned to sender.

In some instances the product is still in great condition and it's totally up to the customer if they want to open the box and inspect it, we would ofcourse take it back if it was indeed damaged and replace it.

That being said, as soon as you reached out to us, we started a claim with them to get it back and offered to get you a replacement or issue you a full refund.

Don't be so quick to throw the reseller under the bus for something like this, always get the second side to the story, we are a small business and have tons of happy customers: https://justboltons.com/customer-reviews/

I'm very sorry for this experience but next time, reach out to the vendor before you crush them for something that was out of their control.

UPS and Fedex are both notorious for losing or damaging products, it's painfully brutal the last few years. They definitely re-taped this box up and delivered it instead of reporting as damaged and having it returned to sender.
The fact that they would just re-tape something and deliver it boggles my mind. Absolutely insane.

I haven't had an issue with severely damaged packaging (knocking on wood and crossing my fingers) but that's great context to have.

Open the box. Until you do, you can't tell if there is a problem or not. The installation instructions will tell you what the contents of the box should be. Do an inventory of what you accepted at delivery.

If you didn't like the looks of the box, or thought that the contents may be damaged you should have rejected the delivery. That way you wouldn't have to pay for shipping. As it is, your argument doesn't hold water. The purpose of the box is to protect the contents. It may be that it did a spectacular job and the contents are fine.

I've had multiple boxes show up retaped especially in the last year or so....from all kinds of vendors especially amazon. To the point I'm waiting for something to come up missing because I'm convinced people are looking for things to steal in the boxes.

First at all tonight I am posting this for the folks at the Just Bolt on. I will apologize the previous original posted about my purchased. It was in the heat of the moment when I saw the package that was left on my driveway looking like that. I would be lied if I say I was not pissed. But I should have gone to contact with the folks at JBO, and solve it out before I lashed out on this link. For that I am sincerely sorry. And the JBO did return my requested and do a refund once they receive their package. And I am thank you for everyone at the forum for the understand and hope I didn't offended anybody and try not to make a fool out of myself. Thank you. And good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back