Amp research bed steps

Whyte Rhyno

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Finally got the bed steps installed today. Driver’s side was a little bit of a pain due to the brake lines running on that side. Not a lot of room for hands and tools. Passenger side was a breeze. All bolt on except for 1 hole that needs to be drilled for a support bracket. They work great. They fit great. Expensive but well built. Makes accessing the bed cover and tool box way easier.

Attachments

• 3E61F571-B1DA-4B96-AB11-EE4D6170CA57.jpeg
    3E61F571-B1DA-4B96-AB11-EE4D6170CA57.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 9D57B9D4-76E8-4EC4-A7DD-41DD15295895.jpeg
    9D57B9D4-76E8-4EC4-A7DD-41DD15295895.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 188
  • C41E1BFA-5C47-417C-A73C-7BD8BF6783AE.jpeg
    C41E1BFA-5C47-417C-A73C-7BD8BF6783AE.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 8CC79AAD-54A2-42C9-83E0-36584BA3EC5A.jpeg
    8CC79AAD-54A2-42C9-83E0-36584BA3EC5A.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 179
Finally got the bed steps installed today. Driver’s side was a little bit of a pain due to the brake lines running on that side. Not a lot of room for hands and tools. Passenger side was a breeze. All bolt on except for 1 hole that needs to be drilled for a support bracket. They work great. They fit great. Expensive but well built. Makes accessing the bed cover and tool box way easier.
Looks real nice. Got to get my own. Thanks, Whyte!

I'm in. Got sick of deploying the tailgate step and climbing into the bed this weekend for stuff I could reach with these.

Ed

With the height of this truck, those steps look like a must have. I’ll be ordering a set for sure..

Looks great! I Is it $270 per side? How does it compare to the OEM? I have some reward points to burn ;)
My diamond back should be showing up any day now.

Yup. $270 each. Not cheap. They work great. Well built. No experience with the factory ones but I assume that ford farms that out to an outside supplier like bestop. Bestop ones are made of Chinesium. Amp ones are made in the good ol’ US of freedom loving A

Well I got my steps in from the stealership. They are Amp Research. I used my reward points for one.

Just gotta make time to install.

Well I got my steps in from the stealership. They are Amp Research. I used my reward points for one.

How do you use your reward points to get these? I have cruised around the Ford site and can see the steps, but not how to use points.

Ed

How do you use your reward points to get these? I have cruised around the Ford site and can see the steps, but not how to use points.

Ed
I've found that the Ford parts website is terrible. Your dealership will probably have accessories for sale that are not listed on the Ford site. I'd talk with your local parts department to see what accessories they sell. They'll tell you what your points equate to in dollars and and make a draw from your balance. I used my pints to get my B&W hitch for "free".

Yes it's a bit wacky. I had to go to the service department and have them open up a ticket to use my points. Service then went over to parts to have the steps ordered. There isn't an online option right now.

Yes it's a bit wacky. I had to go to the service department and have them open up a ticket to use my points. Service then went over to parts to have the steps ordered. There isn't an online option right now.
I agree that the process is a bit of a hassle. Why they can't just look up your points and redeem them is beyond me.

Can you tell us how many points you used and what it equated to?

Curious if anyone have both the side steps and the back step installed at once?

Thats the configuration ill end up with , 3 steps in total.

That will be a nice set up. 👍🏻

@ccw didn't you do this on Shadowfax? I don't recall if you did the rear/bumper step...

I’m doing the same… I like the rear step so much I’m ordering one for each side.

That will be a nice set up. 👍🏻
I ordered the truck with the back step from factory before deciding on a diamondback cover with 2 side steps to reach into the toolbox. In retrospect, probably the back step is not necessary, but i’ll keep it anyways.

Btw if anyone is looking for AMP side steps right now, absolutely all of the online vendors have them on back order from the manufacturer. ETA was late apr to may and beyond.

However , i was able to order the Ford part ones. I ordered one straight from Ford parts store and then a 2nd one from Lewittownfordparts.com, came out 30$ cheaper than from Ford. Same exact box. They are the same step as sold by AMP.

Item​
Sku​
Qty​
Genuine Ford Bed Step - Box Side - 6.75' Bed​
VKC3Z-17A958-B​

Back