Amp research bed steps

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Finally got the bed steps installed today. Driver’s side was a little bit of a pain due to the brake lines running on that side. Not a lot of room for hands and tools. Passenger side was a breeze. All bolt on except for 1 hole that needs to be drilled for a support bracket. They work great. They fit great. Expensive but well built. Makes accessing the bed cover and tool box way easier.

Attachments

leogeo

Tremor Buff
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Taurus SHO
Finally got the bed steps installed today. Driver’s side was a little bit of a pain due to the brake lines running on that side. Not a lot of room for hands and tools. Passenger side was a breeze. All bolt on except for 1 hole that needs to be drilled for a support bracket. They work great. They fit great. Expensive but well built. Makes accessing the bed cover and tool box way easier.
Looks real nice. Got to get my own. Thanks, Whyte!

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm in. Got sick of deploying the tailgate step and climbing into the bed this weekend for stuff I could reach with these.

Ed

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
With the height of this truck, those steps look like a must have. I’ll be ordering a set for sure..

Gottabecampin

Founding Member
Looks great! I Is it $270 per side? How does it compare to the OEM? I have some reward points to burn ;)
My diamond back should be showing up any day now.

OP
Whyte Rhyno

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Yup. $270 each. Not cheap. They work great. Well built. No experience with the factory ones but I assume that ford farms that out to an outside supplier like bestop. Bestop ones are made of Chinesium. Amp ones are made in the good ol’ US of freedom loving A

Gottabecampin

Founding Member
Well I got my steps in from the stealership. They are Amp Research. I used my reward points for one.

Just gotta make time to install.

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Well I got my steps in from the stealership. They are Amp Research. I used my reward points for one.

How do you use your reward points to get these? I have cruised around the Ford site and can see the steps, but not how to use points.

Ed

OP
Whyte Rhyno

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
How do you use your reward points to get these? I have cruised around the Ford site and can see the steps, but not how to use points.

Ed
I've found that the Ford parts website is terrible. Your dealership will probably have accessories for sale that are not listed on the Ford site. I'd talk with your local parts department to see what accessories they sell. They'll tell you what your points equate to in dollars and and make a draw from your balance. I used my pints to get my B&W hitch for "free".

Gottabecampin

Founding Member
Yes it's a bit wacky. I had to go to the service department and have them open up a ticket to use my points. Service then went over to parts to have the steps ordered. There isn't an online option right now.

OP
Whyte Rhyno

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Yes it's a bit wacky. I had to go to the service department and have them open up a ticket to use my points. Service then went over to parts to have the steps ordered. There isn't an online option right now.
I agree that the process is a bit of a hassle. Why they can't just look up your points and redeem them is beyond me.

Worley

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Current Ride
2020 F-350 6.7 Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide

Can you tell us how many points you used and what it equated to?

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge