Am I the only one who would want a Tremor with an 8' box?

Ballerzclubprez

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 F150 3.5
Or, even better, i wish they could figure out how to get the 184 liter fuel tank into the crew cab 6-3/4 foot box...im having a hard time deciding if I'd rather buy an f250 cc lb and just lift it a couple inches and buy the 285 75 r18s on my own and build a poor man's tremor. Mostly for the fuel capacity, but partly because the 8' box would improve my quality of life.

Bigger the tank the better but the wheel base would be too long for useful off roading.

Why not just add a lift kit and bigger tires to the bigger wheel based truck?

Bigger the tank the better but the wheel base would be too long for useful off roading.

Why not just add a lift kit and bigger tires to the bigger wheel based truck?
Im thinking i might do that, i would live if ford figured out how to get a bigger tank in the tremor in the next year tho.

That was my exact comment on another thread on here.

It is incredibly unlikely to ever feature a Tremor package on an 8 foot bed.

The break over angle would be even more atrocious than it already is LOL

It’s the reason I considered an AT4. It would have been a lot closer if it had had selectable in the back instead of G80 and a traction adder on the front. Still probably would have gone Tremor because of the GM interior...

These trucks are so large and heavy that they aren’t useful on technical trails anyway. Might as well have more bed space and fuel. I’m sure someone has a picture to prove me wrong but it seems like most Tremor off roading wouldn’t be hindered by an extra 18 inches of wheelbase. Fire roads, field work, hunting areas, etc.

The range towing with my 7.3 is definitely a big adjustment coming from a diesel. 48 gallon tank would be great, titan makes one for a tundra i think so should be possible.

I wouldn’t want the 8’ box but know a few that would have got a Tremor this year if 8’ box was a option. I would love a bigger tank on my 7.3L but my 8.1L has already adjusted me to keeping extra full fuel can on board just in case push it to far between fuel up stops

6'5" box was already longer than my Raptors box. I would't want (or need) a truck with an 8" box.

Wouldn't a longer box change the approach and break over angles? Goes against being an 'off-road' truck :)
Technically doesnt being a 3/4 or 1 ton go against being an 'offroad' truck by the same logic?
Im just saying i personally see value in the tremor package even on the longer truck as something that could carry that much more of whatever into/out of the bush.

That was my exact comment on another thread on here.

It is incredibly unlikely to ever feature a Tremor package on an 8 foot bed.

The break over angle would be even more atrocious than it already is LOL
No argument here that offroadability is impacted, but if you're buying the longes configuration anyways it might be a welcome option to some (one right here) vs doing my own lift and tire package.
I also fully understand the business decision not to as most super duties are prob sold with the 6-3/4' box regardless. But still for me it would have been perfect.

Mostly for the fuel capacity, but partly because the 8' box would improve my quality of life.

What would you be using the extra foot of bed length for? Fuel capacity on the diesel can be bumped up a little with some aftermarket tanks/fuel cans. If you need the bed space for hauling construction materials or a truck camper tho then you have no choice but to go 8ft.

Technically doesnt being a 3/4 or 1 ton go against being an 'offroad' truck by the same logic?
Im just saying i personally see value in the tremor package even on the longer truck as something that could carry that much more of whatever into/out of the bush.

I get why they didn't offer 8 ft though, counter productive to being marketed as 'Off-road' :)

Latest Discussions

Back