HOT! Alternitave to the Ford Performance Winch at less than half the cost???

It was!!!

Sorry for the delay everyone. I was hoping to have this ready to go before our expected twin girls arrived. We'll that didn't happen and I've been overwhelmed with daddy duty for our latest family additions!

View attachment 21103

So now that it's been over a month, things are settling down and I'm able to focus on this project again.

I do have the laser cut kit here, ready for a test fit and assembly. As soon as I know our file is good and this first kit goes together as it should I will make these available for purchase!

View attachment 21104

Hopefully by next week I'll have this confirmed and ready to go!
Congratulations on your addition of your daughters brother, Family is always #1. Gods blessings to you and your family.

It was!!!

Sorry for the delay everyone. I was hoping to have this ready to go before our expected twin girls arrived. We'll that didn't happen and I've been overwhelmed with daddy duty for our latest family additions!

View attachment 21103

So now that it's been over a month, things are settling down and I'm able to focus on this project again.

I do have the laser cut kit here, ready for a test fit and assembly. As soon as I know our file is good and this first kit goes together as it should I will make these available for purchase!

View attachment 21104

Hopefully by next week I'll have this confirmed and ready to go!
Congratulations PaPa!

Alright guys, sorry for the delay but we have finally built the kit as designed and it works perfectly! I am going to make these available for purchase for those interested.

Kits are available here -> https://gormantechservices.com/winch/

Here are photos of the installed completed production kit. It's laser cut from 3/8 steel plate
e20210409_123402.jpg

20210409_141721.jpg

20210409_130905.jpg

20210409_131225.jpg

e20210409_143325.jpg

e20210414_153744.jpg

I am offering this winch bracket kit as a flat pack "you weld it" package, the cost is $675 plus shipping. It uses a standard 10"x4.5" winch footprint and it's slotted so you can slide the winch between the frame rails a little bit, however It has ONLY been tested with the APEX Badland 12k Synthetic line winch. I can not guarantee fitment of any other winches. The APEX Badland 12k synthetic line winch is $599 retail and goes on sale on a regular basis for $499. You can also use a 20% off coupon when those are available and get one for around $479. The winch will need to have the relay kit remote mounted which the APEX has provisions for, the line will be fed out of the top of the winch where the relay pack used to sit. I took it a step further and made my own waterproof relay box and mounted it behind my grille. This is not necessary but you will find that there are not may places to mount the remote relay kit in the stock configuration on a 6.7 Powerstroke truck. I left my hard wire control cable plugged into this box and coiled the excess under the hood by the passenger side battery just in case the wireless remote stops working.

20210215_132200.jpg

This is the winch mounted on the mounting plate, you can see I am utilizing the remote relay pack included with the APEX winch.
20210414_125212.jpg

Fairlead mount assembled, painted and ready to bolt onto the bumper. The holes in the front allow access to engage and disengage the winch into freespool.
20210414_125605.jpg

20210310_164722.jpg

20210222_154321.jpg

So there it is, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask!

Purchase info can be found here! -> https://gormantechservices.com/winch/

Attachments

• 20210414_152312.jpg
    20210414_152312.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Alright guys, sorry for the delay but we have finally built the kit as designed and it works perfectly! I am going to make these available for purchase for those interested.

Here are photos of the installed completed production kit. It's laser cut from 1/4 steel plate
View attachment 22256

View attachment 22258

View attachment 22266

View attachment 22267

View attachment 22257

View attachment 22259

I am offering this winch bracket kit as a flat pack "you weld it" package, the cost is $600 plus shipping. It uses a standard 10"x4.5" winch footprint and it's slotted so you can slide the winch between the frame rails a little bit, however It has ONLY been tested with the APEX Badland 12k Synthetic line winch. I can not guarantee fitment of any other winches. The APEX Badland 12k synthetic line winch is $599 retail and goes on sale on a regular basis for $499. You can also use a 20% off coupon when those are available and get one for around $479. The winch will need to have the relay kit remote mounted which the APEX has provisions for, the line will be fed out of the top of the winch where the relay pack used to sit. I took it a step further and made my own waterproof relay box and mounted it behind my grille. This is not necessary but you will find that there are not may places to mount the remote relay kit in the stock configuration on a 6.7 Powerstroke truck. I left my hardwire control cable plugged into this box and coiled the excess under the hood by the passenger side battery just in case the wireless remote stops working.

View attachment 22260

This is the winch mounted on the mounting plate, you can see I am utilizing the remote relay pack included with the APEX winch.
View attachment 22261

Fairlead mount assembled, painted and ready to bolt onto the bumper. The holes in the front allow access to engage and disengage the winch into freespool.
View attachment 22263

View attachment 22264

View attachment 22265

Dude that fucking awesome that you make your own bracket..... if i didn't have the road armor bumper i would 1000% buy it this post needs to be saved !!!!!!!!

Here are photos of the installed completed production kit. It's laser cut from 1/4 steel plate
View attachment 22256

View attachment 22258

View attachment 22266

View attachment 22267

View attachment 22257

View attachment 22259

I am offering this winch bracket kit as a flat pack "you weld it" package, the cost is $600 plus shipping. It uses a standard 10"x4.5" winch footprint and it's slotted so you can slide the winch between the frame rails a little bit, however It has ONLY been tested with the APEX Badland 12k Synthetic line winch. I can not guarantee fitment of any other winches. The APEX Badland 12k synthetic line winch is $599 retail and goes on sale on a regular basis for $499. You can also use a 20% off coupon when those are available and get one for around $479. The winch will need to have the relay kit remote mounted which the APEX has provisions for, the line will be fed out of the top of the winch where the relay pack used to sit. I took it a step further and made my own waterproof relay box and mounted it behind my grille. This is not necessary but you will find that there are not may places to mount the remote relay kit in the stock configuration on a 6.7 Powerstroke truck. I left my hardwire control cable plugged into this box and coiled the excess under the hood by the passenger side battery just in case the wireless remote stops working.

View attachment 22260

View attachment 22261

View attachment 22263

View attachment 22264

View attachment 22265

You are a Rock Star!!! That looks damn GOOD, for sure.

I love this kit. I want it! BUT, I have ACC. Is there any possibility to keep it? I know your website says no. But just asking so I can have it out of my system.look at one of the relocate kits. I think there's about 3 or so available now.
I love this kit. I want it! BUT, I have ACC. Is there any possibility to keep it? I know your website says no. But just asking so I can have it out of my system....
Another option is to look at one of the ACC relocate kits. I've seen them from ADD, Rouge Racing and DV8 Offroad.

I love this kit. I want it! BUT, I have ACC. Is there any possibility to keep it? I know your website says no. But just asking so I can have it out of my system....

The reason why I said it doesn't work with ACC is because we have not had a truck with ACC to test it on, or figured out how and where to relocate the ACC to work. If there are aftermarket options on relocating ACC then yes this kit will work with those brackets installed. I just don't want to tell people that it works and not have a solution ready.

So I posted this on Facebook and I received many comments to come here and post it as well.

EDIT!!! NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!!! -> https://gormantechservices.com/winch/

I've been working on a winch kit to fit a 12k APEX Badland winch into my Tremor. The kit is near completion and I wanted to show you guys how it looks. If you're not familiar with the APEX Badland winch it's a Harbor Freight 12k winch that was designed to be heads up competiton for the Warn Zeon 12k but at a fraction of the cost. This guy sums it up below-

So I wanted to order the winch kit when I ordered my truck but the $3k price tag kind of turned me off of it. I figured I could do better so that's what I set out to do. Here's a glimpse of what I've got in the works!

View attachment 17559View attachment 17560View attachment 17561View attachment 17562View attachment 17563

So I've got the design finalized, I sent it over to my buddy to cut out on his water jet. As soon as I have those pieces back we're going to test assemble it and document the install. If everything works well, I plan on offering these for purchase as a "U Weld It" Kit. At the end of the day I expect this to cost less than half of what the Ford Performance Winch kit costs when you're all in.

If you're interested, stay tuned!!!
Will the 6.7 with 240 amp alt work with this. Factory winch says 397 is required

Will the 6.7 with 240 amp alt work with this. Factory winch says 397 is required
I wouldn't see why not, you would just want your rig running when using the winch. I have never had a rig with dual batteries until my 350, and have had multiple rigs with winches.

The question of will it work, the answer is yes. The reason they recommend the 397 amp alternator is to keep up with the draw of the winch. With the lower amperage alternator you will need some more rest time during your pulls, and to make sure you give your vehicle's electrical system some time to recover from the high amp draw of the winch.

The question of will it work, the answer is yes. The reason they recommend the 397 amp alternator is to keep up with the draw of the winch. With the lower amperage alternator you will need some more rest time during your pulls, and to make sure you give your vehicle's electrical system some time to recover from the high amp draw of the winch.
Do you think high idle would help with output? Thanks.

Do you think high idle would help with output? Thanks.
Would it help, yes. You would still need to allow the winch to rest during it's duty cycles. The reality is people use these winches on jeeps with a standard 140 amp alternator. It works, it's just not ideal for the winch's duty cycle.

The reason why I said it doesn't work with ACC is because we have not had a truck with ACC to test it on, or figured out how and where to relocate the ACC to work. If there are aftermarket options on relocating ACC then yes this kit will work with those brackets installed. I just don't want to tell people that it works and not have a solution ready.
Just came across this thread.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. If it's possible to install your kit with one of these aftermarket mounts then that may solve the problem.

Just came across this thread.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. If it's possible to install your kit with one of these aftermarket mounts then that may solve the problem.

One of those aftermarket relocation mounts will definitely solve the problem!

Back