Almost 5 weeks no VIN

Wrangler98

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 tremor 6.7
Been almost 5 weeks since the dealer placed my order and I still haven’t received a vin. They quoted me an 8 week build time. Does any of this sound right?

That certainly doesn’t sound right, I ordered on 12-8 and got VIN 12-11 with build the week of 1-21-21.

^I'm about the same as this. Submitted my order on 12/04, had a VIN a week later and a build week of 01/25.
Thanks for the info fellas guess I’ll talk to my dealer.

I ordered the day before Thanksgiving and I don't have a vin yet either.
Must have something to do with the dealership status maybe? Or our sales team just doesn’t stay on top of it.

Did you ask your dealer for the VIN? Most don't send them unless you ask.

I ordered on the 15th and was told 2-4 weeks for them to pick up the order and delivery likely 10-12 weeks.

I just talked to my salesman. He said the vin isn't there for mine yet but that Ford is really inconsiswith how long it takes them to issue a vin. He said the timing is always different depending upon what fits for Ford to build at the time (what materials are there or what similar builds they are doing). He also said that he recently ordered two similar trucks about a week apart. One guy got his in 6 weeks and the other had to wait 12 weeks. I know this...waiting is hard.

Ya I emailed him last week, said he hasn’t seen it. Idk if he looked into it or not.
Did the dealer have an allocation, mine took 8 weeks to get a VIN because the dealer did not have an allocation. The dealer was up front about it and I was in no rush. I would ask your dealer, some are shady about this.

Did the dealer have an allocation, mine took 8 weeks to get a VIN because the dealer did not have an allocation. The dealer was up front about it and I was in no rush. I would ask your dealer, some are shady about this.
Idk, I asked for a time quote and he said 8 weeks, I didn’t question it.

Eight weeks is super optimistic right now, to the point it could be a salesman BS-ing you to make a sale.

The dealer I'm going through is one of the largest Ford volume dealers in the country, and I was told 10-12 weeks.

Eight weeks is super optimistic right now, to the point it could be a salesman BS-ing you to make a sale.

The dealer I'm going through is one of the largest Ford volume dealers in the country, and I was told 10-12 weeks.
When I ordered mine the sales manager said 8 weeks and the salesman said no, more like 10. They made no promises though.

8-12 weeks were the typical norm prior to COVID. I would just ask your dealer if they had an allocation or exactly what is the delay. Sometimes options can delay your order getting pulled. They should be able to provide you with this info.

I ordered mine 8/24 but changed my order 9/12 from F250 to F350. My tiny dealer had a crappy allocations for Super Dutys so they had a hard time pulling my order. I said to them look everyone is getting there build dates and you can't get me mine. Someone on herer ordered a Tremor 10/15 and they STARTED his build on 10/26 and he has his already. That was a hard pill to swallow. I said to them, If you can't get it pulled this week (Ford pulls orders on Wed Nights) then I want a check for 9,200$ for my 5,200$ trade and my 4,000$ i put on my credit card. With the help of a lot of Prayers and me complaining it got pulled and I got a vin a couple of days later. The Sweaky Wheel Gets The GREASE as you know with the Union. Someone thats getting shafted and is ok with it will eventually be taken care of. But the situation thats constantly voiced will be a headache to be addressed first. Good Luck. Prayers Always Help. I'll keep your situation included with my prayers my man. ? ? ? ?

your dealer doesn't have the allocation. They either lied to you about it, or it never came up in the conversation.

From what I gather everyone who orders thru a dealer that actually has the allocation gets a VIN in like 2 weeks with maybe a few outliers here and there.

I'd call the dealer and threaten to pull the order and go elsewhere unless he can get on the phone with Ford and get answers.

I ordered mine 8/24 but changed my order 9/12 from F250 to F350. My tiny dealer had a crappy allocations for Super Dutys so they had a hard time pulling my order. I said to them look everyone is getting there build dates and you can't get me mine. Someone on herer ordered a Tremor 10/15 and they STARTED his build on 10/26 and he has his already. That was a hard pill to swallow. I said to them, If you can't get it pulled this week (Ford pulls orders on Wed Nights) then I want a check for 9,200$ for my 5,200$ trade and my 4,000$ i put on my credit card. With the help of a lot of Prayers and me complaining it got pulled and I got a vin a couple of days later. The Sweaky Wheel Gets The GREASE as you know with the Union. Someone thats getting shafted and is ok with it will eventually be taken care of. But the situation thats constantly voiced will be a headache to be addressed first. Good Luck. Prayers Always Help. I'll keep your situation included with my prayers my man. ? ? ? ?
THIS.

They don't give a shit about you. They already had your money and figured you're locked in as a customer. Even though you hadn't taken delivery they've switched into post sale service mode....you'll get it when you get it. Only way to get them to put effort back into treating you like a customer is the threaten to not be a customer anymore.

Of course not all dealers suck like that but I'm sure a good number of them do.

Back