SirFer

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor w/ 7.3L
Current Ride #2
2016 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTS
Just saw an ad for these so looked them up. There’s basically no info on them yet because they’ve been out less than a week but they look interesting so I’m curious to see what kind of reviews they get.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/recon-grappler-all-terrain-light-truck-tire/

I’ve always been a big Duratrac fan so will likely run the stock tires for as long as possible if/when I get my 2022. That said, I don’t know that I’d put a new set of Duratrac’s on after that. I’m also a big Ridge Grappler fan so those would be in the running. Currently I run Falken Wildpeak A/T3W’s on my F-150 and they have by far the best road manners of any of the mentioned tires but I spent a decent amount of time in mud and the Falken’s fill up with mud and turn into slicks pretty quick so I need something more aggressive.

They look super cool. The only reviews on YouTube so far are from shops ruining trucks with 24’s. Maybe explains the sizes...

Quite contrary to Nitto’s overlandy launch videos.

Snowflake rated?
Doubt it. I don't see the zigzag in the tread blocks like on every other 3PMSF tire.

---

My initial reaction is that of confusion. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why this tire exists. It's like a bastardized child of the Terra and Ridge Grapplers. Is there really a market for it? What's the target customer? These are honest questions.

Based on the specs they will reduce tire load capacity by #1300 or more depending on what size you buy. The 37" reduce by about #900. I'll pass.

Just by looking at them they look more aggressive than the ridge grappler and these also have a mile warranty unlike the ridge grappler. Just a couple quick observations.

In my opinion the sidewall in those videos looks more aggressive but that's just my thought. I thought the same thing but I think it looks tougher than the ridge grappler.

I do like the tread pattern of the ridge better though. ?

A few articles trickling out.

Sounds like it’s meant to be more mud oriented than the Terra Grappler but more road oriented than the Ridge Grappler.

Quieter, higher load rating, better off-road performance, and better looking (than Terra Grappler I’m presuming) are the main features they’re all hitting on.

The 20”+ sizes sort of make sense if more road oriented.

Just saw an ad for these so looked them up. There’s basically no info on them yet because they’ve been out less than a week but they look interesting so I’m curious to see what kind of reviews they get.

https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/all-new-nitto-recon-grappler.4905/

I purchased a used 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro4x a couple months back. Currently it has 265/70/16 Goodyear Duratrac tires but the tread is worn enough that I don't think it can make it through the snowy weather in Maryland. So I'm curious to what anyone has to recommend. I'm interested in an all terrain tire and my top 2 favorite are the falken wildpeak at3w and the nitto ridge grappler.

Last edited:
Something else to want and not be able to get. Why invest in your product when your supply chain cant support your product now. This really sucks when you've damages a tire and need a new one. On our trip last year, I cut the sidewall of one of my Nitto tires. We stayed in Colorado 3 weeks until they could get me a new tire. It wasn't the Tires fault, or Discount Tires fault, there was just no Tire to be had. I called everywhere, even tried to get a tire put on a Greyhound Bus. The whole ordeal was bullshit.

Look similar to the Falken AT3W.

1622815944230.png

Something else to want and not be able to get. Why invest in your product when your supply chain cant support your product now. This really sucks when you've damages a tire and need a new one. On our trip last year, I cut the sidewall of one of my Nitto tires. We stayed in Colorado 3 weeks until they could get me a new tire. It wasn't the Tires fault, or Discount Tires fault, there was just no Tire to be had. I called everywhere, even tried to get a tire put on a Greyhound Bus. The whole ordeal was bullshit.

Yep. But to be fair, I don't know what else these product companies are supposed to do. The completely fucked state of the global supply chain is so much bigger than any of these companies. All they can do is keep pretending everything is fine, keep marketing and pre-selling product. Keep their employees busy.

I think I might pull the trigger on these. Nitto has this size on the 18's which I think is close to the duratracs.

35x12.50R18LT F 128R

Someone lmk if I'm wrong or should stray away

Back