Air pressure

Hillwalker

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Just got a tremor and noticed the right front tire was low. What pressure do y’all use for the fronts and rears for daily driving versus towing/hauling? I saw something about running lower pressures for daily driving needing forscan adjustment?

60 front & 55 rear for me. Rides so much better and my tires are wearing nice and evenly after 5,000mi. I add air to the rear if I'm towing.

I run factory 60 psi in the front and 65 psi in the back. Personally I would not go below the factory front rating. I think some people forget just how heavy the truck itself is alone. I feel better having a little more pressure than too little.

I run factory 60 psi in the front and 65 psi in the back. Personally I would not go below the factory front rating. I think some people forget just how heavy the truck itself is alone. I feel better having a little more pressure than too little.
Even with the 7.3? It’s like 700lbs lighter.

I have the 7.3 and had 65 in one front tire and 47 in the other upon delivery. Backs were at 75. For now, I guess I’ll drop to 60 all around and see how it feels. Was curious if I could drop a bit further to improve ride.

Will air up when pulling the camper.

When I got mine, they aired up the rears to 80 fronts at around 70...it was a bumpy SOB...I need to lower some more, get rears down to 65, they're at 70ish. It is still pretty bumpy unloaded. Someday I'll get Forscan and change the tpms value.

Stock 35s, I ran 45front 35 rear in loaded.......
37s I run 50 40, Unloaded.

I just dropped my pressures to 52 front/ 72 rear cold in a 7.3 gasser.
this truck rides muchbetter. No more wandering. I didn’t do a chalk test. Just going by seat of pants.

I'm running 60 in the front and 75 in the rears right now. Feels pretty good.

60 to 65 front and rear ... rides great

I just dropped my pressures to 52 front/ 72 rear cold in a 7.3 gasser.
this truck rides muchbetter. No more wandering. I didn’t do a chalk test. Just going by seat of pants.
Why do you have more air in the rear in an unloaded truck? 60% of the weight is on the front axle of our trucks. I run 65 front and 60 rear.

Why do you have more air in the rear in an unloaded truck? 60% of the weight is on the front axle of our trucks. I run 65 front and 60 rear.
Honestly that makes more sense. I assume they put so much pressure in from the factory to be ready to accept a large payload. I just dropped mine equally to get a better ride and see if the tpms would accept an 8 pound drop. I plan on getting a truck camper with a dry weight around 1800. So I prob will air back up when it goes on.

I air up the rear to 70psi when towing my 8,000# trailer. About 1,200# tongue weight. No trailer or load, back down to 60 in the rear. 65 in the front stays constant.

I am running about 63 all around......the rears didn't warn till I dropped below 65

Same for me.... more weight is over the front axle in the diesels. No sense having the rear with higher pressures unless you're loaded or towing. Even with 5 extra front PSI, the front tires seem to always have more sidewall bulge than the rears.

Back