Air filters

Bullitt

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 ford super duty f350 lariat tremor/ sport
What is everyone’s opinions on air filters? Some say the factory flow enough air and are fine. Aftermarket says their drop in flows and filters more? Best ones? Oiled or dry?

I have not seen any available yet for the 7.3 but they might be the same as the 6.2? The exhaust is the same on the two, so it makes sense that the air intakes would be the same.

I have used K&N oiled before and never had a problem with them. I have also read where the oil sometimes messes with the air flow sensor. I also noticed AFE is pretty popular as well as K&N .

I live where there are dirt roads and sometimes turn very dusty. For this reason alone I would want the best air filter system. Any thing questionable would be a no go for sure!

What do you guys think? Mess with it or leave it alone?

I do plan an a cold air intake when a good one comes out. Pretty sure it will gain some extra HP and also make the MBRP sound even better.

I have experienced problems with the K& N Filters with Cummins turbos. Had several turbos go bad and when I switched back to the stock dry media ( paper ) no more problems. If I had a 7.3 I may consider one, but no way I will use one on my 6.7 I did like the noise from the turbo when you run the K&N.

I had a K&N on my rock crawler buggy with an LS7. Constantly had oil residue on my MAF. Maybe I over-oiled it, but at this point for everything I own, I like paper filters because if it, and change them sooner than prescribed to be safe (every oil change).

Ed

I had a K&N on my rock crawler buggy with an LS7. Constantly had oil residue on my MAF. Maybe I over-oiled it, but at this point for everything I own, I like paper filters because if it, and change them sooner than prescribed to be safe (every oil change).

Ed

A rock crawler with an ls7!?!

I agree about the paper element vs an oiled element. The power gain should be from the MAF tube from the air box to the throttle body.

A rock crawler with an ls7!?!

It was fun.

Finished+003-811490961-O.jpg
Finished+005-811491503-O.jpg
Finished+006-811491774-O.jpg

The oiled filters seem to be out of vogue nowdays. i find it hard to believe a good factory element will not flow far more air than a stock engine can use. A little air flow is a small price to pay vs decreased life of a dusted engine

i use the AFE dry filter on my duty, cost 100 bucks and is reusable just wash it, pays for itself in about 2 years

What is everyone’s opinions on air filters? Some say the factory flow enough air and are fine. Aftermarket says their drop in flows and filters more? Best ones? Oiled or dry?

I have not seen any available yet for the 7.3 but they might be the same as the 6.2? The exhaust is the same on the two, so it makes sense that the air intakes would be the same.

I have used K&N oiled before and never had a problem with them. I have also read where the oil sometimes messes with the air flow sensor. I also noticed AFE is pretty popular as well as K&N .

I live where there are dirt roads and sometimes turn very dusty. For this reason alone I would want the best air filter system. Any thing questionable would be a no go for sure!

Oil flows better but dry will trap more debris when driving on dirt roads.

i have a K&N that fits in the stock air box.

Back