air filters

imontheroad

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Star White Platinum
Does anyone know the OEM part # for these or should I go with after market? Is there one or two filters I need to buy?

On the diesel there are 2 filters (not sure about the 7.3), and then a cabin air filter. You can find the part numbers and prices on parts.ford.com. You can enter your vin or just select model/year to get details and look up any part by description. If you look in the owners manual you will also find the part numbers for the basic service/maintenance items as well. You can view owners manuals online: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?year=2020&make=Ford&model=F-350 change the year and model as needed

On the diesel there are 2 filters (not sure about the 7.3), and then a cabin air filter. You can find the part numbers and prices on parts.ford.com. You can enter your vin or just select model/year to get details and look up any part by description. If you look in the owners manual you will also find the part numbers for the basic service/maintenance items as well. You can view owners manuals online: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?year=2020&make=Ford&model=F-350 change the year and model as needed
thanks

I have a 6.7 and went with an AFE Power non oiled air filter,,,,,,,I think it was 75 bucks and can be reused

I have a 6.7 and went with an AFE Power non oiled air filter,,,,,,,I think it was 75 bucks and can be reused
let me know how it goes, read some info ( on the net so it must be true :ROFLMAO: ) on air filters and Power Strokes. There was some talk about the mass air sensors getting confused and giving wrong values to the computer which ends up with adjustments made to the exhaust and def. I don't know what to believe. But I did have a turbo failure with a K&N filter. Dealership replaced the turbo and the K&N ( with a factory air filter). They told me they won't warranty the next turbo if they find an aftermarket filter. There is a difference with the non oiled and oiled types. Just not sure.

let me know how it goes, read some info ( on the net so it must be true :ROFLMAO: ) on air filters and Power Strokes. There was some talk about the mass air sensors getting confused and giving wrong values to the computer which ends up with adjustments made to the exhaust and def. I don't know what to believe. But I did have a turbo failure with a K&N filter. Dealership replaced the turbo and the K&N ( with a factory air filter). They told me they won't warranty the next turbo if they find an aftermarket filter. There is a difference with the non oiled and oiled types. Just not sure.

You have a good dealer. Glad it worked out, I can’t imagine having to pay for a new turbo. ??

You have a good dealer. Glad it worked out, I can’t imagine having to pay for a new turbo. ??
Have 3000 miles on it...no issues

I think a lot of it has to do with the oiled filters. I just ordered a CAI myself, and I made sure to go with a dry filter. I chose that because 1: I will never recharge a filter correctly, and 2: I live in a pretty dusty environment. Oiled filters are rechargeable and will last a lifetime if done correctly. They also capture particles better. Unfortunately, not too many people remember to recharge the filters or even doing them correctly, leading to failure. Also, the oil may seep through the filter and land on the MAF sensor, which can cause issues with the airflow reading. I think that's what @PapaRaptor experienced with his K&N filter. Time will tell if/when I bring in my powerstroke for a turbo repair.

Back