TOTM Winner
Meetup Organizer 🛻
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Has anyone used these to air down? Good? Bad? Anyone know?
1000006238.jpg

Has anyone used these to air down? Good? Bad? Anyone know?View attachment 161305
Look to be a variation on the Staun deflators: https://staun.us/

Heard tons of good things about Staun’s from folks in person, on the internet…just a good product. Though no personal experience.

As for those specifically, never heard of them. If it were my money I would stick with the tried and true (Staun’s), but curious to hear if others have experience with them.

I have a set of stauns that are 20 years old. Still work great and once set, theyre accurate.
I'm sold, more $ usually equals a better product!

FWIW I also have Stauns. OK4WD had the best price as I caught them on sale. Good luck!

I’ve got a set of stauns I’ve been very happy with. I set 2 of them at a certain psi and the other 2 at another (really nice for the terrain you find yourself in). Takes slightly longer to air down but I use the deflators for multiple rigs.

I’ve got a set of stauns I’ve been very happy with. I set 2 of them at a certain psi and the other 2 at another (really nice for the terrain you find yourself in). Takes slightly longer to air down but I use the deflators for multiple rigs.
I have never thought about setting mine at 2 different PSI. LOL This could be handy. I set all 4 and have never switched rigs. I have two sets as I bought another set for my daily rig. My first set has been set at 6 PSI for 20 years

I have never thought about setting mine at 2 different PSI. LOL This could be handy. I set all 4 and have never switched rigs. I have two sets as I bought another set for my daily rig. My first set has been set at 6 PSI for 20 years
Yes it’s very handy. Usually start with the higher of the two psi and work down. I have two set at 14 psi and two set at 10 psi

Yes it’s very handy. Usually start with the higher of the two psi and work down. I have two set at 14 psi and two set at 10 psi
At what PSI are you at risk of breaking a bead?

At what PSI are you at risk of breaking a bead?
That all depends on the vehicle. Tire size, vehicle weight, type of driving (side hilling) all have an effect on performance and risk of breaking a bead. For my super duty I wouldn’t like going less then 14 psi for general off-roading 10 psi if I was desperately trying to not get stuck or need to get unstuck.

That all depends on the vehicle. Tire size, vehicle weight, type of driving (side hilling) all have an effect on performance and risk of breaking a bead. For my super duty I wouldn’t like going less then 14 psi for general off-roading 10 psi if I was desperately trying to not get stuck or need to get unstuck.
Thank you!!

Thank you!!
Please use that with caution. Don’t want you coming back here upset you broke a bead. If I were you I would air down to 20 psi and then incrementally drop pressure to see how your tire reacts. Fortunately if you have 18s you have more sidewall for better airing down.

Please use that with caution. Don’t want you coming back here upset you broke a bead. If I were you I would air down to 20 psi and then incrementally drop pressure to see how your tire reacts. Fortunately if you have 18s you have more sidewall for better airing down.
I don't anticipate needing to go below 20, thank you for the advice and concern.

How have I never even heard of anything like this. I’ve only ever used core removers.

How have I never even heard of anything like this. I’ve only ever used core removers.
Those are quick to air down but when you account for all 4 tires it takes time. I screw the stauns on and you could drive down the trail head with them airing down, then stop a few minutes down the road and remove them.
For my little mini truck I use for hunting by the time I screwed the deflator on the second tire the first is already done (little tires)
IMG_9821.jpeg

I have Carli E-Venture system with full progressive spring packs. I have firestone 5,000 air bags with daystar cradles and air lift 7,300 air compressor. I was towing a bumper pull toybox (10k with 1,500 lbs. tongue weight) and the bags restore the squat due to the full progressive springs at 50 psi. With a WD hitch it was very stable.

I now have a 16.8k toybox with 3,450 lbs. of pin weight - it takes 85 psi of pressure to restore the squat of the load. It tows well and is stable, but no question it is the "limit" of the trucks capacity with the full progressive spring pack. I converted to a gooseneck from 5 er - with Reese Goosebox which was a nice upgrade.

I am planning to try the Ready Lift LogIQ dual bags to better manage the load and the movement of the truck due to the weight of my gooseneck toybox. Love my truck as it, but needs more support to handle the weight and load - spring will be next if the bags don't do the trick.

Always a trade off when towing heavy - dually would be a better tool for the job - but Tremor is a lot nicer to live with every day not towing!

Link:

Back