Air bags

Treedude

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor
First Responder
EFD
Ok having trouble finding air bags to tremor. Every manufacturer says the same thing. The y all day they don't have anything that works at this time. I asked them what would work with a bit of work. Still nothing. My truck has the overload springs so not sure if that matters. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Check post #3 here. Lots of info in the thread.

Check post #3 here. Lots of info in the thread.

Yes but every manufacturer swears these outs do not work with the the Tremor. Would love to talk to someone that has personally installed a set.

Yes but every manufacturer swears these outs do not work with the the Tremor. Would love to talk to someone that has personally installed a set.

the person that posted that installed a set and said they work........

There are a few guys here who have them. All remarks with them are positive.
I don't feel the need for them but they almost have me convinced to get them.

I do have a bagged car and thats a pita. different deal though
IMG_0219.jpeg

the kids Audi, the Audi is much easier to add the Air to.
The Hellcat was easy for the front but the back bags were a nightmare.
about 8 hours a side. Both cars working great on Air.
IMG_5451.jpeg

the kids Audi, the Audi is much easier to add the Air to.
The Hellcat was easy for the front but the back bags were a nightmare.
about 8 hours a side. Both cars working great on Air.
View attachment 2747

Nice Audi there too!

Ha, yeah that sounds like a lot more work than the Audi. I used the B8 sportkit accuair was selling before they closed their doors. Install was a breeze. Winter was a learning experience, my compressors were making a lot of water.

I just installed airlift bags and wireless compressor. Fit just fine. I ordered the set for a 2020 f250/f350. 2020 is different than 2017-1019.

Do you know the model number? Where did you place the compressor?

Hi. When I contacted Airlift they said they don't have a kit that will work on the 2020 FX4 or Tremor packages yet and they were redesigning the axle mount. If there's any way you can take some pics of the axle mount it would be greatly appreciated.

I used Firestone RIde-Rite Red label bags - part number 2712. They work great, easy to install, and took about 1.5 hours.

I used Firestone RIde-Rite Red label bags - part number 2712. They work great, easy to install, and took about 1.5 hours.

** The U-Bolts cleared without a problem? I had a double stroke last year so I need to make some stuff easier for me, so I was looking a the All-In-One Wireless Onboard Kit # 2826. I also am factory 5th wheel ready and I think I read somewhere there are different kits (for airlift) for 5th wheel ready trucks.

** The U-Bolts cleared without a problem? I had a double stroke last year so I need to make some stuff easier for me, so I was looking a the All-In-One Wireless Onboard Kit # 2826. I also am factory 5th wheel ready and I think I read somewhere there are different kits (for airlift) for 5th wheel ready trucks.

I read the same as my truck has the factory puck system. I had zero issues with the install, including all hardware being long enough. I put up a separate post on it. Go click on this link to it: Air Bag Install Write Up

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what is different on the rear suspension between the fx4 and the tremor? I have a 2020 Tremor, but would like to add airbags for my 5th wheel.

Attachments

• 20210311_162432.jpg
    20210311_162432.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 10
Can someone tell me what is different on the rear suspension between the fx4 and the tremor? I have a 2020 Tremor, but would like to add airbags for my 5th wheel.
I believe it's a slightly smaller lift block on the fx4. From what I understand the Tremor is the same height in the rear as the 2017-2019 trucks whereas the regular superduty was lowered a bit in 2020.

I think the fitment issue from previous years comes down to the lift block with the 'tang' that the bump stop lands on. It curves up sooner so the axle cups from previous years ride up on it. The Airlift kit to fit the Tremor has the axle cups attach to the main bracket at a 90 degree angle to avoid the issue. I installed a set of bags from a 2017 and I just turned the cups 180, they are a bit farther out on the tang this way but don't think it's a big deal. Below is a link to my install.

Back