Air bags

Not to get off track, but that thing is really 17k loaded? What’s the GVWR?
It a 37 ft toy hauler gvw 13000 by the time I ad a golf cart and gear it goes up then you have 100 gals of fresh water might have 60 gallons of gray water and another 60 black water it starts to get heavy

Right, but even if you had it at 16k. It seems you would be within every legal limit stated, but would be exceeding the tow guide. So is it just the warranty would be called into question? But legally it's allowed to roll?
Yes, until an accident happened... actually, it is the Ford dealer's responsibility to go over the tow guide with you and make you aware of the vehicle limitations when you purchase your vehicle.... certain liabilities could come back to them if they did not get you to 'sign-off' on that fact. Chances are, it is in the fine print that they did cover it with you (initial & date here... and here... and here). For the most parts... with you asking these questions here in the forum, you are MUCH brighter than any salesperson.

I even went back and checked the chart in the manual to make sure I’m not crazy. But yes, the dude is complaining about an inch squat on a trailer 2000lbs over the legal limit...
I wasn’t complaining I was asking for an opinion

It a 37 ft toy hauler gvw 13000 by the time I ad a golf cart and gear it goes up then you have 100 gals of fresh water might have 60 gallons of gray water and another 60 black water it starts to get heavy
Keep the waste water tanks empty whenever possible and fill up on fresh when you are nearing your destination... they add up in fuel economy and scale weights (of course).... if we are now talking a 13K GVW (probably a 14K GVWR trailer with 2 7K axles?), you have zero issues unless you overload the actual trailer with more weight than it's rating.

Back to the airbags, my opinion is don’t waste your time or money. All they should do is level it out left to right. Most guys overinflate them and it removes weight from the springs which creates more control issues. The sooner you engage your leaf springs the better. Sway bar would be a better investment, second would be stableloads. If you really want bags, I will sell you mine.

Back to the airbags, my opinion is don’t waste your time or money. All they should do is level it out left to right. Most guys overinflate them and it removes weight from the springs which creates more control issues. The sooner you engage your leaf springs the better. Sway bar would be a better investment, second would be stableloads. If you really want bags, I will sell you mine.
Good point, if you do tow heavy, especially with a shorter wheel base, a rear sway bar will help assist. No rear sway bar on the Tremor package, but it can be added to help with heavier loads. A longer wheel base truck with sway bars is ideal, but work with what you have.

As an FYI

“Airbags are great, but they are not a replacement for a weight-distribution hitch (WDH) like the e2. When installed properly, a weight distribution hitch has the following benefits:

1. It shifts weight to the front axle;
2. It reduces sag caused by the trailer’s tongue weight;
3. It provides more stability when encountering cross winds.

Like an airbag, a WDH will raise back of the tow vehicle, reducing some of the sag caused by the trailer’s tongue weight. But the way a WDH raises the rear of the truck is key – it uses torsion to shift a percentage of the tongue weight to the front axle of the tow vehicle.
This is the key difference between a WDH and airbags. Without shifting some of the tongue weight to the front axle, you‘re likely to have problems in a fast stop or emergency maneuver. When you brake hard, the weight of the trailer shifts forward and pushes down on the hitch ball harder than normal, which causes the truck to lose front wheel traction. When that happens, you can lose steering and braking capacity.

A WDH resists the trailer’s nose-dive, and keeps the trailer’s tongue weight transferred forward. By using airbags instead of a WDH, in the same panic stop as above, the trailer weight will shift forward, pushing down on the hitch ball. The hitch will then push down on the rear of the truck. Since the airbags are resisting that downward force (at the axle), they become a pivot point, and the front end can get light very quickly. This can all be avoided by using the e2, which will help keep your front wheels on the ground, where they belong. And when you are passing semi-trailers or encountering crosswind, an airbag suspension system provides zero sway control.

With the e2 hitch, you have two points of sway control, in addition to weight-distribution, providing safety and security for both your trailer and the important cargo sitting on the front seat next to you.”

You got to love it when people lift the front of the truck then complain about "sagging" when loading down the rear suspension.

If the front wasn't lifted the "sag" wouldn't "visually" appear to be that bad.

This is another example of why people need to research their local area when deciding between a F250 SRW or F350 SRW. If there's no difference for taxes/registration ALWAYS buy an F350 SRW.

From my research you are losing weight carrying capacity using a sleeve in your hitch. It looks like you have a 2 &1/2 adapter sleeve there.

Weigh safe will make getting your truck level and safe much easier when you get those airbags put in.

I have attached the recommended tow chart to help you answer the legal stuff
E95C02FB-C994-45F4-BB96-C9BC2F8FAC90.png
31518497-7224-48DA-AEB5-DF6EC93BBFE7.png

You got to love it when people lift the front of the truck then complain about "sagging" when loading down the rear suspension.

If the front wasn't lifted the "sag" wouldn't "visually" appear to be that bad.

This is another example of why people need to research their local area when deciding between a F250 SRW or F350 SRW. If there's no difference for taxes/registration ALWAYS buy an F350 SRW.
You do realize that the f250 tremor has the same exact suspension as the F350 right ? And on top of that I got it with 3.55 gears and before I purchase this truck I did a lot of research I was hoping for an opinion about getting air bags and you have to add the unnecessary comment it’s people like you that make people like me leave good forums . There’s an old saying if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all !

You do realize that the f250 tremor has the same exact suspension as the F350 right ? And on top of that I got it with 3.55 gears and before I purchase this truck I did a lot of research I was hoping for an opinion about getting air bags and you have to add the unnecessary comment it’s people like you that make people like me leave good forums . There’s an old saying if you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all !
You are correct sir.
This is the quote from fourwheeler.com: https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/20...cks use the standard,6.7L Power Stroke diesel.

The F-350 Has Got To Be Stiffer, Right?​

Since the Tremor package can be added to so many different models we were eager to try them all. However, in talking to the many Ford engineers who were present at the drive program, we quickly learned that both the F-250 and F-350 Tremor share the same rear springs. Both trucks use the standard-rate F-350 rear leaf spring pack. So, when you buy an F-250 Tremor, you're really getting F-350 hardware.

I’m sure the F-250 with ultimate towing is 21,000 lbs. the Ford sticker on the receiver hitch says that! Check it. Mine says 21,000 lbs

I’m sure the F-250 with ultimate towing is 21,000 lbs. the Ford sticker on the receiver hitch says that! Check it. Mine says 21,000 lbs
That is what the receiver is rated for. Not the truck. 15,000lbs is max conventional for all Tremors.

That is what the receiver is rated for. Not the truck. 15,000lbs is max conventional for all Tremors.
I think he might have been referring to the 2,100# tongue weight which exceeds the normal 1,820# tongue weight on the 2020 models. Yes, conventional tow is still 15K no matter. There was another thread on that somewhere.

So I hooked up my toy hauler today after having the ready lift 2.5 installed and I’m wondering if I should get airbags because I think she squats a little bit look at the picture and tell me if you honestly think I should do the airbags ? Trailer loaded is 17000lbs
Have you tried adjusting the WDH? I’m assuming you had the trailer before you had the Tremor and if the Tremor is taller than your previous truck you need to adjust that WDH. I had to do that with mine.

Have you tried adjusting the WDH? I’m assuming you had the trailer before you had the Tremor and if the Tremor is taller than your previous truck you need to adjust that WDH. I had to do that with mine.
I did adjust it thanks

So I hooked up my toy hauler today after having the ready lift 2.5 installed and I’m wondering if I should get airbags because I think she squats a little bit look at the picture and tell me if you honestly think I should do the airbags ? Trailer loaded is 17000lbs
I had the same thoughts when I bought my truck and trailer. I have a similar sag. but after researching much like yourself, I decided against airbags. It’s simple, bags don’t add payload. As long as you’re within the weight limits and use a nice torsion bar setup, the sag doesn’t matter. Your Tremor will be more than capable. again, gotta stay within the weight limits. This is what I’m running currently until my 350 arrives. R6 recurve torsion hitch on a Lariat f250 6.7 with a “p#~~y” of a payload @ 2180lbs.
The camper is a 38’ toy hauler with a GVWR 13,800lbs. I am within all my weight limits and the ride is great!
Can’t wait for that f350 payload!

Attachments

• 9335F3CE-CE46-4B5E-B160-DE03BCA82110.jpeg
    9335F3CE-CE46-4B5E-B160-DE03BCA82110.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 66
  • F775A956-1A1B-4FD6-98E9-2F697F1EF202.jpeg
    F775A956-1A1B-4FD6-98E9-2F697F1EF202.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 61A61107-9F56-4887-86E0-14AF0E3B8CE7.jpeg
    61A61107-9F56-4887-86E0-14AF0E3B8CE7.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 46
  • B4FE93BA-C590-4BBF-8A34-0992AC10C79D.jpeg
    B4FE93BA-C590-4BBF-8A34-0992AC10C79D.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 70
  • B4697DC4-5084-4513-A654-6E9C8F705A07.jpeg
    B4697DC4-5084-4513-A654-6E9C8F705A07.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 69
I had the same thoughts when I bought my truck and trailer. I have a similar sag. but after researching much like yourself, I decided against airbags. It’s simple, bags don’t add payload. As long as you’re within the weight limits and use a nice torsion bar setup, the sag doesn’t matter. Your Tremor will be more than capable. again, gotta stay within the weight limits. This is what I’m running currently until my 350 arrives. R6 recurve torsion hitch on a Lariat f250 6.7 with a “p#~~y” of a payload @ 2180lbs.
The camper is a 38’ toy hauler with a GVWR 13,800lbs. I am within all my weight limits and the ride is great!
Can’t wait for that f350 payload!
Thank you sir

Latest Discussions

Back