Ahoy From Utah

B

Backslider

I just ordered a 2022 F350 Lariat with the Tremor package. Got the 7.3l gasser. I've been a Toyota guy for a very long time but with the recent increase in price I figured it was a good opportunity to sell my Tundra for $15k over what I paid for it and put an enormous down payment on an HD truck.

Tremor build was as follows:

F350 Lariat
Star White
Tremor Package
Lariat Value Package
Black Appearance Package
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Connections

Dealer told me 3-5 months wait time for the build. If you ordered your truck this way what was your experience with wait time?

I'm excited to be part of this community - hope it's as tight and informational as the Toyota forums tend to be!

Now I'm off to figure out the offset on the OEM Tremor wheels...

Attachments

• DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 29
  • FreshWash 6_24_2020.jpg
    FreshWash 6_24_2020.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 26
Welcome!

Your wait time question is a loaded one.

Easy answer is: None of us have a clue! We're in the middle of an unprecendented break down of the global supply chain. And Ford's production this year has been opaque and sporadic. Anything goes!

The latest we think we know is that some 2022 orders placed earlier this year may be built next month, and the rest are on hold until further notice. But that could change any moment. And could be wrong!

Here's a thread:

Welcome!

Your wait time question is a loaded one.

Easy answer is: None of us have a clue! We're in the middle of an unprecendented break down of the global supply chain. And Ford's production this year has been opaque and sporadic. Anything goes!

The latest we think we know is that some 2022 orders placed earlier this year may be built next month, and the rest are on hold until further notice. But that could change any moment. And could be wrong!

Here's a thread:

This is good info - thanks for the link. My dealer told me that the factories were still pumping out trucks but they would sit nearly complete waiting for some of the finishing touches. Any idea how true this is?

This is good info - thanks for the link. My dealer told me that the factories were still pumping out trucks but they would sit nearly complete waiting for some of the finishing touches. Any idea how true this is?

Somewhat accurate. Loosely as I recall it from top of mind:

After a brief shutdown in March due to commodity shortages, Ford resumed production less a few shifts…

Most trucks produced up until May-ish some time went to storage to await parts (parts blocked on microchips to the best of our knowledge.)

Recently (past couple of weeks) some trucks have been completed and delivered. Many here, including some who have ordered as far back as January, are still waiting.

2022 orders have not yet begun production. They only recently began scheduling, with production beginning in July.

However only 2 weeks of orders were scheduled before we heard this week that all Tremor’s are now on hold until further notice.

We don’t really know what that means or if it’s accurate. We should have more data this Friday after Thursday scheduling — we’ll know then if more orders here got scheduled.

But it’s touch and go. And the delays are due to a bit bigger of a problem than “finishing touches”

Disclaimer: This is from memory and all are welcome to correct any details that may be wrong or alternatively interpreted. And again nobody can be *certain* of much here.

Welcome to the forum @Backslider - Congrats on the Tremor order! Check out this thread for some additional wheel & tire info:

I just ordered a 2022 F350 Lariat with the Tremor package. Got the 7.3l gasser. I've been a Toyota guy for a very long time but with the recent increase in price I figured it was a good opportunity to sell my Tundra for $15k over what I paid for it and put an enormous down payment on an HD truck.

Tremor build was as follows:

F350 Lariat
Star White
Tremor Package
Lariat Value Package
Black Appearance Package
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Connections

Dealer told me 3-5 months wait time for the build. If you ordered your truck this way what was your experience with wait time?

I'm excited to be part of this community - hope it's as tight and informational as the Toyota forums tend to be!

Now I'm off to figure out the offset on the OEM Tremor wheels...
Wow that's fantastic! And the Tremor family continues to grow. ? Congratulations! Make yourself at home and participate often! ???

Thanks! I've put a lot of time into and miles on that 4runner. Going to run it until one of us dies.

Were you on Tundras.com?
Tundratalk lurker mainly, I was so preoccupied with a year long house remodel after picking up my '19 that I didn't have much time for anything else haha. I had a clean cement SR5+ double cab that I ended up selling with around 36k on the clock.

Back