Aftermarket LED Headlights

I’m going cheap for now but will eventually upgrade to LED.
Found a deal on eBay for a set of sylvania silverstar zxe gold halogen bulbs for $32. Bought two sets for total cost of $64 and they have a 4200k color output. Better than the stock 3000k and for that price might as well.

I just replaced the Halogen bulbs with LED bulbs on my XLT, I did all 4 plus the Fog lights. Cost me about $350 total, and the difference is huge!!
I’m very happy with the way it came out. I was doubtful at first but turned out being impressed.
Nuff said... def the way for me to go on my truck currently. Just wish I could get the sport halogen housing so they are blacked out.

Nuff said... def the way for me to go on my truck currently. Just wish I could get the sport halogen housing so they are blacked out.
This is how they look after the fact. Not too bad in my humble opinion.

5F864349-DB4D-494E-B121-D121E01B5DF2.jpeg

No, these are LED bulbs from F150Leds.com

Hey man, I just joined the forum because I got a new tremor. I blew it and didn’t order the sports package. Really need the LED lights. Are the lights from f150leds.com that you’re talking about about the best thing going right now for an upgrade?

I’m thinking about just doing the headlight housings themselves and possibly replacing the fog lights with either Rigid or Baja designs. Since it looks like you have to pull the grille off to do the job, I’d like to mount a couple of Ridgid cubes or something behind the grille as well and hook it up to the upfitter switches.

Any problems pulling the grille and the headlight housings? Always worried about breaking plastic tabs!

Hey man, I just joined the forum because I got a new tremor. I blew it and didn’t order the sports package. Really need the LED lights. Are the lights from f150leds.com that you’re talking about about the best thing going right now for an upgrade?

I’m thinking about just doing the headlight housings themselves and possibly replacing the fog lights with either Rigid or Baja designs. Since it looks like you have to pull the grille off to do the job, I’d like to mount a couple of Ridgid cubes or something behind the grille as well and hook it up to the upfitter switches.

Any problems pulling the grille and the headlight housings? Always worried about breaking plastic tabs!
This video shows the whole process.

I didn’t have to pull the grill or the headlight housing to replace the bulbs. Plenty of room in the Gasser. Haha!

So looks like in terms of aftermarket LED Headlights on the affordable side there isn't anything coming real soon....

So, has anyone put the OEM Ford LEDs on their XLT's? If so, do you have the part numbers? I heard the price was $1700 a side but can't seem to find a Ford Parts guy to confirm that these will fit into a 2020 XLT with the Halogens....
Lots of complete sets on eBay. I did some high end bulbs only

Good video but now my question is about which of the two different brands of bulbs are better?

?
I can only give feed back on the ones I bought. I think I got them in June of 2020. So far they are stil working as good as on the first day. And I know that they have a good customer service/warranty department. So if I ever do run into any issues in the future I’m not worried about them taking care me.

Morimoto LED headlights are available for preorder. Shipping out 7/15-ish

Just an update. The GTR Ultra2 headlight kit and fog light replacement bulbs arrived. Headlight Revolution forgot to put in the anti-Flickr device for the headlight kit, so I installed the fog lights.

Unbelievable difference! Before with the factory fog lights, when you turned them on, you couldn’t even tell if they were on! Now the fog lights provide more light than the four headlight bulbs!
Can’t wait to install the headlights. From the video I saw, these lights should be just as bright if not brighter than the new Morimoto XB. Headlight revolution rated them as brighter the 35 watt HID and as bright as 55 watt HID’s.
And at less than 1/3 the cost of the Morimoto XB

I went with the Headlight Revolution S-V4 bulbs for my headlights and Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights.

Not cheap, but worth it. The light output is amazing, especially the fog lights. Plus the beam pattern of the V4s are excellent, I never get flashed by oncoming traffic.

Very happy with this setup.

Back