Aftermarket LED Headlights

MTBKNG

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
So looks like in terms of aftermarket LED Headlights on the affordable side there isn't anything coming real soon....

So, has anyone put the OEM Ford LEDs on their XLT's? If so, do you have the part numbers? I heard the price was $1700 a side but can't seem to find a Ford Parts guy to confirm that these will fit into a 2020 XLT with the Halogens....

So looks like in terms of aftermarket LED Headlights on the affordable side there isn't anything coming real soon....

So, has anyone put the OEM Ford LEDs on their XLT's? If so, do you have the part numbers? I heard the price was $1700 a side but can't seem to find a Ford Parts guy to confirm that these will fit into a 2020 XLT with the Halogens....
I just replaced the Halogen bulbs with LED bulbs on my XLT, I did all 4 plus the Fog lights. Cost me about $350 total, and the difference is huge!!
I’m very happy with the way it came out. I was doubtful at first but turned out being impressed.

They fit but may need addition wiring harness. Evidently the dealers cost is $1k a side.
Aftermarket below is $2k for both if you provide housing, or $3k both with no housing. Supposed to be straight plug and play. This quote was a company in Florida.
37EFB7F9-7594-4317-AF80-5FAEE840EFA3.jpeg

I got my bulbs from this website, and they are good quality bulbs that come with CANBUS modules.

Last edited:

These are an option too. They have a cheaper hybrid model also. I really like the look of the LED running lights on the surround.

Edit: Just realized these are the same brand, morimoto

....The Morimotos are still aways from becoming available for the 2020, at least that's what they told me last week in an email...

Was hoping someone just put the Ford LED's in, I am curious if it is just plug and play.....If I am going to spend $3K or so for the pair I will go OEM...

....The Morimotos are still aways from becoming available for the 2020, at least that's what they told me last week in an email...

Was hoping someone just put the Ford LED's in, I am curious if it is just plug and play.....If I am going to spend $3K or so for the pair I will go OEM...

I was hoping to find the same thing. I was holding off on the Morimoto because I really wanted to add the Ford OEM one in but can't find any info on it either. I haven't asked the dealer to source, probably do that next.

If I am reading this correctly, you want to install OEM LED headlights instead of the OEM Halogen ones then this is supposed to work for the F-150s but could talk to the guy and see if it would work for Super Duty's.

Still looking for someone who has knowledge of the installation process, I did get a great deal on the OEM Headlights from a friend who works with Ford Parts here locally. Amazing that I can't find anyone who has done this modification.
How good? Dealer cost is $1k each. DM if you don’t want to share publicly or say lower or higher than $1k.

I just replaced the Halogen bulbs with LED bulbs on my XLT, I did all 4 plus the Fog lights. Cost me about $350 total, and the difference is huge!!
I’m very happy with the way it came out. I was doubtful at first but turned out being impressed.
Did you have turn off day running lights? Does day running lights work with led bulbs aftermarket?

I think the Morimoto hybrid headlight assembly looks a lot nicer than the XB version it should be available mid November is what I was told and the price point should be under $1,000

Back