After market winch bumper

TonyJ

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Tremor 7.3
Has anyone found a manufacturer that makes a bumper for Tremors that have the factory Warn winch?

Has anyone found a manufacturer that makes a bumper for Tremors that have the factory Warn winch?
Can't you just remount the winch in any new bumper that's winch compatible? I'm looking as well, but would think any winch ready bumper would work. Then again, I'm no expert...

I think the winch from Ford uses a non-standard bolt spacing. I wouldn't expect it to fit another bumper without some drilling/modification.

But why would you use the Ford winch if you get an aftermarket bumper? Get a bigger Warn with standard mounts. Really, depending what you get, you are similar price range for an aftermarket bumper/winch as you are going with the Ford winch.

Only reason to get the Ford winch that I can see is if you want to keep the stock look in the front.

I think the winch from Ford uses a non-standard bolt spacing. I wouldn't expect it to fit another bumper without some drilling/modification.

But why would you use the Ford winch if you get an aftermarket bumper? Get a bigger Warn with standard mounts. Really, depending what you get, you are similar price range for an aftermarket bumper/winch as you are going with the Ford winch.

Only reason to get the Ford winch that I can see is if you want to keep the stock look in the front.
Well, if you originally ordered the Ford winch as an option, you’d want to reuse it if possible.

Can't you just remount the winch in any new bumper that's winch compatible? I'm looking as well, but would think any winch ready bumper would work. Then again, I'm no expert...
You're all correct. Yes, if you ordered your truck w/o a winch, absolutely get a winch anywhere but from Ford (way over priced). However, if you did what I did, thinking a "factory installed winch" (misnomer, they're all shipped in the bed of the truck on a pallet & installed at the dealer), would be the way to go: pro install, factory warranty, etc., then later decide you'd like a bumper with more protection, or in my case, something that would have a 2" receiver in it (since the REESE aftermarket one hangs down so low), I'd prefer to keep the winch I already paid too much for.:cautious: Here's the problem: all winch bumpers have the std 4.5"X10" bolt pattern, the Warn winch from Ford, as I was told by one of the Warn techs at their HQ, is "based on a Zeon winch, but designed according to the specs Ford gave them". I've measured the bolt pattern, and it is 4.5"X8", and there has to be room in the front of the bumper for the clutch lever, along with the plug for the controller. Hindsight is 20/20, but that's where I'm at.

Yes, Ford/Warn spent time to take apart and redesign that winch line to fit the Tremor. They moved stuff on it and made the mounting bolts attach different from normal. After hearing about Buckstop bumpers on here just the other day and calling them today, I cancelled the factory winch on my order. I have plenty of tine to decide on the winch and exactly how/which Buckstop bumper I will order. I will pay extra for the Aluminum bumper and have to decide on paint color. If you call them and discuss any things you may not like about a particular bumper they can possibly add or change something to the bumper. The guy I talked to asked my specific questions about what I did not like about a certain aspect of a bumper and offered options to satisfy me. FYI you can spend a lot of time looking through their Instagram pictures on customer and their own bumpers and lighting. You will surely find something that will get you thinking to narrow down the right bumper for you.

Latest Discussions

Back