After Market Tail Lights - Will 2019's fit 2020

faith4more

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Lariat Sport Tremor 7.3 - Magnetic
Current Ride #2
2020 Mercedes GLE 350
I had a fender bender and busted passenger side tail light (You should see what my Tremor did to the other guys car). My lights are LED and Blis enabled. Crazy expensive to replace so I thought I would take a look at aftermarket. Recon has an LED replacement that will also accept the Blis module. But they only show lights for 2017-2019. I have an email into Recon support but thought I would seek the wisdom of this awesome forum.

Will 2019 taillights fit a 2020?
Also has anyone switched to aftermarket tail lights?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I had a fender bender and busted passenger side tail light (You should see what my Tremor did to the other guys car). My lights are LED and Blis enabled. Crazy expensive to replace so I thought I would take a look at aftermarket. Recon has an LED replacement that will also accept the Blis module. But they only show lights for 2017-2019. I have an email into Recon support but thought I would seek the wisdom of this awesome forum.

Will 2019 taillights fit a 2020?
Also has anyone switched to aftermarket tail lights?

Any thoughts appreciated.
They will fit but at least with Blind spot monitoring in my case, the wiring harnesses are not compatible so they will not work as they come. A lot of business advertise through 2020 simply because they appear the same but they are not. These aftermarket companies have completely dropped the ball with R&D through this pandemic fiasco. Since February of last year 3 major tail light producers have been leading me on about how they’re almost ready. I wouldn’t hold my breath. You’d think a wiring harness was a simple alteration.

@Tstoutjr agree you would think it would be easy.

@JimmyG79 none of the aftermarket lights work with the 2020's that I have found. They all say they are working on it. It will fit the slot. However, the wiring is the issue and apparently complicated.

Last edited:
Update: I ended up replacing my light with an OEM light but it was a crazy process. I tried to find a new light for the 2020. Most of the part vendors including Ford directly have a replacement part that is similar but not the same as light that was on my vehicle. The wiring harness is different and the actually the light actually looks a little different. So if you were able to get past the harness issue and were only replacing one light they would not match. It seems somewhere along the line FORD changed this light and the original version is not available. I ordered the replacement and had to send back.

I ended up finding on Ebay. There were exactly three available. One set sold as a pair and one single light. The single light was a body shop owner who bought it in early 2020 but ended up not using it. This light was a perfect match for my 2020 Tremor. He was cool and sold it to me at what he paid for it which was not cheap by any means. I have no idea what is going on with Ford regarding this part but it was a very frustrating process.

Here is part info with part # for 2020 Tremor "RIGHT TAIL LIGHT W/ BLINDSPOT MODULE LED LC3B-13B504-CJ". The part vendors will give you a replacement part # but as of writing this it is not the same light (it will fit but looks different as mentioned above and wiring is different)

Hope no one else has to replace a tail light until this is worked out.

Bump. Somehow my drivers side is cracked and the lower light not working. May be able to just replace the bulb. It’s a very small crack. Looking for aftermarket options. $1100 replacement cost from Ford.

Hey guys, we finally have LED tails coming for the 2020+ trucks!

Back