After market exhaust

Eloy.sedillo.82

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor
any suggestions on which exhaust is better for the 7.3? Borla or magnaflow?

Market for 7.3L is still pretty limited. I'd expect more choices in the near future.

I ordered the mbrp exhaust, should be here in a week or so. I have little patience.... I contacted Roush just to see what they were up to and said they are definitely doing an exhaust for 7.3 but not anytime soon....

Borla is top notch, if they don't have a system out yet, its worth waiting for.

304 stainless is what you want Period! Not 409 ss or aluminized. I have several Borla exhaust systems one on my Gen 1 Raptor. and one on my Rubicon. I had a crappy "maggot flow" on my Rubicon it sounded "ricey" and was a poor fit and finish. Borla came out a year later with the 304 SS high tuck. I changed it out. Wasted my money on the first system. Times I wish I had the 7.3 in leau of my 6.7 so I could put a nice system on. Corsa makes nice systems too, not sure what they offer but they are a bit quieter than Borla. The 304 SS holds up well in the winters here and some reason had the best sound.
You get what you pay for in exhaust systems.

Borla is top notch, if they don't have a system out yet, its worth waiting for.

304 stainless is what you want Period! Not 409 ss or aluminized. I have several Borla exhaust systems one on my Gen 1 Raptor. and one on my Rubicon. I had a crappy "maggot flow" on my Rubicon it sounded "ricey" and was a poor fit and finish. Borla came out a year later with the 304 SS high tuck. I changed it out. Wasted my money on the first system. Times I wish I had the 7.3 in leau of my 6.7 so I could put a nice system on. Corsa makes nice systems too, not sure what they offer but they are a bit quieter than Borla. The 304 SS holds up well in the winters here and some reason had the best sound.
You get what you pay for in exhaust systems.

Agreed 100%. I'm willing to be patient to get a Borla. Well worth it.

Exhaust info: True dual gives more horsepower not as much torque. One in dual out gives the most torque.

Borla now is made in China, my muffler shop does not carry them for that reason. Now I don't know what I am going to do. The muffler shop will place the mufflers on and let me listen to a variety for me to choose what I like the best. Now I need to make some money...haha

I trust the guys at this shop they are generally on top of things, heavily involved in racing. Article below has them opening a plant 96. I’m not sure if this is only some or if they’ve expanded since then.

I trust the guys at this shop they are generally on top of things, heavily involved in racing. Article below has them opening a plant 96. I’m not sure if this is only some or if they’ve expanded since then.

I saw that article before. Perhaps the China plant is used only for the Asian market sales.

Borla produces OEM parts in China, not the aftermarket products.

Magnaflow build quality in our opinion is better. They put a lot of R&D into their kits too and I’ve always found them and MBRP to drone less and just kinda be a better more comfortable sound level.

Latest Discussions

Back