After-Market Adaptive Steering

Nomation

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3
Hi all! I purchased a Tremor off the lot (F250, Black w/lariat ultimate and sport pkgs) but thought it had adaptive steering and rain sensing wipers and heated steering wheel (not). I still happy but am regretting not getting those options. Can either be added after market? Seems like Adaptive steering is all in the steering wheel. Can that be purchased and installed after market?

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
My truck didn’t come with adaptive steering either but it steers so easy at low speed I’ve often wondered if they accidentally put it on there - don’t see how it could really be much better.

PapaRaptor

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
You would know it for sure if you have it took me some getting used to. no worries if you don't have you will just get used to your truck.
I may regret it as the truck ages more to fix ( or break) so far its a dream.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L
using forscan you can the heated steering wheel on the sync 3 screen so just need the steering wheel... i messed up about the adaptive cruise control but it isn't needed

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
You would know it for sure if you have it took me some getting used to. no worries if you don't have you will just get used to your truck.
I may regret it as the truck ages more to fix ( or break) so far its a dream.

Could you explain what it actually does? Ford’s description that I saw is pretty vague but sounds like it increases the ratio so that for example 1/2 turn of the steering wheel would turn the wheels farther than 1/2 turn on the steering wheel of a non AS equipped truck? I’ve been curious about this for a while - didn’t think the 19’s had this option but maybe they did

PapaRaptor

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
Makes it easy to turn in tight spots ( less steering wheel rotation ) and gives you better road feel at highway speeds. It works very well. I was surprised. I think it has been out a couple years....
My favorite is the adaptive cruise control. Takes the stress out of long trips.

My first road trip with a trailer I was all over the lane for a few minutes but once I got used to it, I love it.

Baddestt

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Explorer
Current Ride #2
2021 F-350 Tremor 6.7 Lithium Gray w/Winch (Sold to my brother after he totalled 06 LBZ Duramax). Waiting on 2022 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor
First Responder
Currently PSO, EMR. Former LEO 15 years
Has anyone confirmed that oem adaptive steering can be installed if your tremor did not come with it?. It appears it's just a motor in the steering wheel. So I do not see why not? I would like to switch out the XLT steering wheel (I ordered a 2022 Tremor 6.7 F-350 XLT) for a Lariat heated steering wheel and add the adaptive steering at same time.

strogg

Watch out for this guy
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2001 Ford Excursion, 2010 Ford Focus
Here's a quick video on the topic. Kind of. The gentleman talks about that random module that takes care of business. For the record, I have a Lariat without adaptive steering, but I also have that random steering doohickey installed on my truck.

stufarmer

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
19' F450 KR .. 20' Lincoln Continental
I traded a 17' F250 without Adaptive Steering in for 17' 350 Platinum that had it. I seriously didn't notice it made that much difference. Some, sure but not enough to check the option box.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge