After-Market Adaptive Steering

Nomation

Tremor Member
Miltary
Air Force
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3
Hi all! I purchased a Tremor off the lot (F250, Black w/lariat ultimate and sport pkgs) but thought it had adaptive steering and rain sensing wipers and heated steering wheel (not). I still happy but am regretting not getting those options. Can either be added after market? Seems like Adaptive steering is all in the steering wheel. Can that be purchased and installed after market?

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
My truck didn’t come with adaptive steering either but it steers so easy at low speed I’ve often wondered if they accidentally put it on there - don’t see how it could really be much better.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
You would know it for sure if you have it took me some getting used to. no worries if you don't have you will just get used to your truck.
I may regret it as the truck ages more to fix ( or break) so far its a dream.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ
using forscan you can the heated steering wheel on the sync 3 screen so just need the steering wheel... i messed up about the adaptive cruise control but it isn't needed

RafterP

Tremor Buff
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Tremor
You would know it for sure if you have it took me some getting used to. no worries if you don't have you will just get used to your truck.
I may regret it as the truck ages more to fix ( or break) so far its a dream.
Could you explain what it actually does? Ford’s description that I saw is pretty vague but sounds like it increases the ratio so that for example 1/2 turn of the steering wheel would turn the wheels farther than 1/2 turn on the steering wheel of a non AS equipped truck? I’ve been curious about this for a while - didn’t think the 19’s had this option but maybe they did

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
Makes it easy to turn in tight spots ( less steering wheel rotation ) and gives you better road feel at highway speeds. It works very well. I was surprised. I think it has been out a couple years....
My favorite is the adaptive cruise control. Takes the stress out of long trips.

My first road trip with a trailer I was all over the lane for a few minutes but once I got used to it, I love it.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge