AFE COLD AIR INTAKE

Lurking Class

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor 7.3L
Here’s AFE’s new cold air intake. Anyone going to purchase it. Looking forward to some reviews.
0388F3B5-35A2-46CA-B191-5C6ED8A2415B.jpeg

Might throw a CEL, and need a tuner to overwrite it.

What is the purpose of this intake? Is there improvement over stock intake, airbox, and filter?

I normally do the intakes with a tuner. AFE products are good, I am just not a fan of their exhaust systems. love the intakes.

Would be concerned if I was in heavy dust situations.

What is the purpose of this intake? Is there improvement over stock intake, airbox, and filter?
According to AFE it flows 41% more over stock. In the Pro series the filter is reusable.

I normally do the intakes with a tuner. AFE products are good, I am just not a fan of their exhaust systems. love the intakes.

Would be concerned if I was in heavy dust situations.
My understanding is they have a tuner coming out to.

I'd love to see some dyno results on intake, tune, and exhaust vs stock and other real world mileage comparisons, etc. I'm curious if intake is really a weak link. Is it the intake and size and/or the filter? Filters can be replaced easily enough, and one you can clean and reuse.

I'd love to see some dyno results on intake, tune, and exhaust vs stock and other real world mileage comparisons, etc. I'm curious if intake is really a weak link. Is it the intake and size and/or the filter? Filters can be replaced easily enough, and one you can clean and reuse.
It doesn’t give any dimensions of the unit. Just basically said it larger than stock. Also this is not CARB compliant. So not for sale in CA.

Need to determine the dimensions of the stock filter and see if K&N has a replacement panel filter that matches. Supposedly the filter alone for the 6.2 liter yields 50% more airflow vs stock.

Too much airflow will likely trip a warning light/sensor, just to be aware. Perhaps more than just that too.

Need to determine the dimensions of the stock filter and see if K&N has a replacement panel filter that matches. Supposedly the filter alone for the 6.2 liter yields 50% more airflow vs stock.
AFE is only 15-20 minutes from me. I
Too much airflow will likely trip a warning light/sensor, just to be aware. Perhaps more than just that too.
AFE is 15-20 minutes from me. I’ll see if I can pass by this week and find out if a warning light or sensor will be affected.

Seems odd as the computer controls this. The computer will have to relearn how much air to take in sure, but to throw a code? I suppose it is possible, especially with how vehicles now everything is tracked, but a code/warning light? I'm not really used to non-turbo vehicles.

The stock intake box on the 7.3 F250 flows very well. Notice AFE provides no proof of RWHP gain on a dyno to support their claim of 41% increased airflow. Most cold air intakes are worthless unless you have a heavily modified engine, headers and appropriate tune.

The stock intake box on the 7.3 F250 flows very well. Notice AFE provides no proof of RWHP gain on a dyno to support their claim of 41% increased airflow. Most cold air intakes are worthless unless you have a heavily modified engine, headers and appropriate tune.

More dust and noise :p important things to have!

I'd like to see 5star add this and throw it on the dyno. Over on FTE they tried a ported intake manifold and only saw around 5hp increase, doubt the intake will add much. Seems like Ford optimized things from the get go. Not worth the $$/HP IMHO. The tune 5star offers is a much better bang for your buck!

100% agree - I wonder how the heck this myth of CAIs increasing power and pull are still going around. They are one of the most shameful things those tuners are selling out there, because they’re good at only one thing: Throwing a CEL. Sure they change sound, but 400$ for changing sound and no real power gains? At the risk of CEL? Just plain stupid.
Get a tune if you want more power at the expense of engine life and biggest bang for buck.

Back