AFE CAI for 6.7

bbrett

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Lariat Tremor
So I was in talks with AFE for their CAI R&D Program. I'm bringing my truck in tomorrow to them to get Dyno'd and get their new Intake installed. After about a week they will re-dyno the truck, and I get a free CAI system. Would anyone be interested in a group buy? I could bring it up to them tomorrow when I get there.

here's everything they currently have available for our trucks!

Taking it back to get Dyno'd again next week for the gains. This is a prototype so hence the 3D printer marks and the missing clear window. Once they do all of their tests I will get a final production model in a few months. I love the extra turbo whine sound since having this installed.

IMG_5816.jpg

Looks like big filter. How does the butt dyno feel?

Im interested in getting a CAI.

So I was in talks with AFE for their CAI R&D Program. I'm bringing my truck in tomorrow to them to get Dyno'd and get their new Intake installed. After about a week they will re-dyno the truck, and I get a free CAI system. Would anyone be interested in a group buy? I could bring it up to them tomorrow when I get there.

I would be. Has anyone instead Fuel System - Active Boost on their truck yet? Has it helped and what did you gain?

Looks like the just posted for Pre-Order, this is what I'm currently testing for them on my truck right now

So far iv seen AFE and S&B for our trucks. Why did you go AFE over others?

So far iv seen AFE and S&B for our trucks. Why did you go AFE over others?

Because I live 10 minutes from them, and I got on their R&D program and I get the final intake for free.

There's also NO Limit Fab who makes intakes for our trucks.

Makes sense then. LOL Thanks for the other CAI to look at. Honestly, i don't know how to choose them. So keep me posted on yours as ill probably wait until after winter to get one.

I'd be interested in a group buy.

Interested. You said the turbo whine is increased?

Someone else asked you about the "butt dyno". I think they are asking how does it feel with just you driving it, like can you tell a difference with you butt in the seat?

Interested. You said the turbo whine is increased?

Someone else asked you about the "butt dyno". I think they are asking how does it feel with just you driving it, like can you tell a difference with you butt in the seat?

Ah, I've never heard that term before. My MPG has increased about 0.5 MPG, could be more but I've been a little harder on the pedal since lol. But I can tell that I do have a little more pep in the pickup.

Interested!

Ask them about the group buy, how many make a min order, price, etc.

New to performance mods.

Can anyone please explain to me the difference of the 2 filter choices? and why one is better than the other? I have been trying to research stuff and its hard for me to find/get. I think iv discovered that a closed CAI is better than an Open. But not sure why on that.

Also why is this one $150 more than say S&B. I would think they would be comparable in price if they are each others competition. Is it the same concept of Ford vs Chevy debate (brand preference)?

Last edited:
Back