Adventure with F-250/350 Tremor "for the first time", and need help to start...

jaimeleebang

Tremor Newbie
Current Ride
Van
Hi all, I am looking into new outdoor off-road adventure with F-series truck loading camper.
I am just retired and live in Phoenix AZ.
I am planning to load Alaskan camper (max 2000 lbs) and 6 passengers to my F-250/350 going to off-road camping.
After looking into many sites, still I have questions.
(1)
In order to accommodate "payload" for camper and passenger, I do not know whether I have to get base "F-250 XT" or "F-350 XT"
As I see in many posts in here, it is not clear the payload of F-250 tremor vs F-350 tremor when I select below configuration:
==> 6.7L V8 Turbo Diesel, 4x4, Crew Cab, 6.75' box, tremor package, srw, red exterior w/ gray interior.
==> XLT base because i need to have "cloth split bed bench 40/20/40 Front Seats".
Some said F-250 with "some" option is same as F-350, and some configuration of F-350 can have actually lower payload than F-250. Towing capacity is not important for my purpose since even F-150 can accommodate my purpose.
(2)
I have to order Ford to build, and I see in many posts "-10% below MSRP" is the best deal and "x-plan" can be used.
I always purchased existing car at the dealer lot, and this ordering is new to me.
I am willing to travel anywhere in US west to get the Truck.
I hope to get help on this ordering process deal.

Thanks you. I hope to be helpful to others in near future with my experience.

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
My xlt 7.3l:
IMG_20200602_1204011.jpg

Depends upon how much extra weight you add with options, engine choice...excluding 250 or 350. Do you need the diesel?

OP
J

jaimeleebang

Tremor Newbie
Current Ride
Van
After the investigation, I learned that I need F-350 at least for the required payload.
So I decided to order F-350 7.3L gasoline V-8 tremor.
Now, I have to find the dealer to order one from Alaska, since we are moving to Alaska to live for a while.
Please recommend the dealer (or salesman) from Alaska whom can provide me the best deal.
Thank you all.

Greggg2018

Tremor Member
Current Ride
F150
you lose about 600 lbs of payload with the diesel motor.
F350 diesel payload- 3600#
F350 gas payload- 4200#

Also depends on extras too but gives you an idea of the payload penalty. I'm going gas with a slide in camper

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Hi all, I am looking into new outdoor off-road adventure with F-series truck loading camper.
I am just retired and live in Phoenix AZ.
I am planning to load Alaskan camper (max 2000 lbs) and 6 passengers to my F-250/350 going to off-road camping.
After looking into many sites, still I have questions.
(1)
In order to accommodate "payload" for camper and passenger, I do not know whether I have to get base "F-250 XT" or "F-350 XT"
As I see in many posts in here, it is not clear the payload of F-250 tremor vs F-350 tremor when I select below configuration:
==> 6.7L V8 Turbo Diesel, 4x4, Crew Cab, 6.75' box, tremor package, srw, red exterior w/ gray interior.
==> XLT base because i need to have "cloth split bed bench 40/20/40 Front Seats".
Some said F-250 with "some" option is same as F-350, and some configuration of F-350 can have actually lower payload than F-250. Towing capacity is not important for my purpose since even F-150 can accommodate my purpose.
(2)
I have to order Ford to build, and I see in many posts "-10% below MSRP" is the best deal and "x-plan" can be used.
I always purchased existing car at the dealer lot, and this ordering is new to me.
I am willing to travel anywhere in US west to get the Truck.
I hope to get help on this ordering process deal.

Thanks you. I hope to be helpful to others in near future with my experience.
Welcome to the forum @jaimeleebang -

Be sure to check out the payload thread here:

How's the search been going?

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge