Military
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Has anyone put a plow on the their truck? I live in Northern NY, and I'm thinking about getting a V-plow for mine this winter. I plan to use it for just plowing me and family, not commercial plowing. How does it do/ handle it?

Has anyone put a plow on the their truck? I live in Northern NY, and I'm thinking about getting a V-plow for mine this winter. I plan to use it for just plowing me and family, not commercial plowing. How does it do/ handle it?

Yes. I have a fisher minute mount set up. This pic is before the leveling kit. It’s a 9.6’ v-plow

Attachments

• 64300A02-3BB3-42A4-A401-CE6EAF858016.jpeg
    64300A02-3BB3-42A4-A401-CE6EAF858016.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 784
How does it feel/drive with it? Did you have to change or add anything different to it? I'm getting a 350 diesel and wondering how it will be seeing how we cand get the snow plow prep package.

Side questions: what made you go with the fisher brand?

How does it feel/drive with it? Did you have to change or add anything different to it? I'm getting a 350 diesel and wondering how it will be seeing how we cand get the snow plow prep package.

Side questions: what made you go with the fisher brand?

Obviously I have not plowed with it because this winter sucked and I bought the truck when it was in the spring ha ha Ha. It felt OK but that was before I put the leveling kit on. It really dropped a lot, and I think that’s just because of the type of suspension for thismade to go off-road truck . I had the dealer put it on so there was no issues with warranty because this truck does not have a snow plow kit to the best of my knowledge.

I live in Massachusetts in New England is a big Fisher area. I think anywhere in the United States besides here is boss and Myer. But I do like the fisher plow especially the V plow stainless steel.

Obviously I have not plowed with it because this winter sucked and I bought the truck when it was in the spring ha ha Ha. It felt OK but that was before I put the leveling kit on. It really dropped a lot, and I think that’s just because of the type of suspension for thismade to go off-road truck . I had the dealer put it on so there was no issues with warranty because this truck does not have a snow plow kit to the best of my knowledge.

I live in Massachusetts in New England is a big Fisher area. I think anywhere in the United States besides here is boss and Myer. But I do like the fisher plow especially the V plow stainless steel.
Just had a NH dealer tell me that we "can't plow with these trucks" and there may be warranty issues if we do!

Just had a NH dealer tell me that we "can't plow with these trucks" and there may be warranty issues if we do!
So it was a dealbreaker for me if I could not put a plow on this. Quincy Massachusetts the dealership installed the plow for me. And I did that so that if there is any issues or warrantee problems I can say that they did it. Where in New Hampshire?

I just added a spring to the rear to make my payload a little bit more.

Attachments

• D6030C1B-A030-4CB9-A227-636D73B8C427.jpeg
    D6030C1B-A030-4CB9-A227-636D73B8C427.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 236
So it was a dealbreaker for me if I could not put a plow on this. Quincy Massachusetts the dealership installed the plow for me. And I did that so that if there is any issues or warrantee problems I can say that they did it. Where in New Hampshire?
Portsmouth Ford.
Good looking truck! Makes me consider changing our color choice :unsure:
Did you end up changing your front springs to 5900's?

We're putting a 2800 lbs popup camper on ours and a 450 lbs winch + bumper on the front, so will also probably have to supplement the suspension.

Portsmouth Ford.
Good looking truck! Makes me consider changing our color choice :unsure:
Did you end up changing your front springs to 5900's?

We're putting a 2800 lbs popup camper on ours and a 450 lbs winch + bumper on the front, so will also probably have to supplement the suspension.
I did a leveler on the front. But Portsmouth is full of crunchy tofu eaters. Find a private okie dealer

Nice plow CT, do you have any pics of carrige? Did you have to cut into plastic bottom trim or does it clear? Looking at same plow but DXT.

Mount pics

Attachments

• 1A8E6DBB-24E7-44BE-BA3C-A570641BC63F.jpeg
    1A8E6DBB-24E7-44BE-BA3C-A570641BC63F.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 340
  • B996005D-E053-4C44-91BE-938F7F187951.jpeg
    B996005D-E053-4C44-91BE-938F7F187951.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 35EE258E-3AC5-4158-B9DD-1F12C01D418D.jpeg
    35EE258E-3AC5-4158-B9DD-1F12C01D418D.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 339
Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Theres a tremor 350 by my. He has a V plow on it. I stoped in and asked him how it was. he said great. took plow off his last 350 and put it on. no difference. So I assume its to each their own.

Either way. Our trucks are badass.

I have a Hiniker "C" plow on mine. Rides the same. I did NOT do any extra to front suspension. I do remove mine when NOT in use, so put very few miles on it with plow on. Here in SE Michigan, we get between 8 and 14 plow events per season. For small events, I will remove plow the next day and take truck into autowash. Yesterday, we got 7" (our biggest of season so far) so will probably keep it on until tomorrow in case I need to do any touch up work. This plow only weighs 800 pounds also as compared to a 1000 pound "V" plow. With that knowledge I am assuming I will not have any warranty issues w/o having the snow plow prep package and if I do am prepared to accept the responsibility.

Attachments

• 2021-01-03 08.53.48.jpg
    2021-01-03 08.53.48.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 278

Latest Discussions

Back